What is the Position?
At Oscar, we are working hard to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. Our team uses a data-driven approach to build the network of providers, facilities & hospitals that are core to Oscars product, & help navigate our members through it.
As the Network Strategy Associate, you will work closely with members of Oscars strategic partnerships, business, finance, legal, & network construction teams to develop our Medicare Advantage (MA) network strategy & identify new market opportunities for Oscar. Youll be responsible for supporting our end-to-end process for assessing new market opportunities & will apply a data-driven approach to our MA expansion decisions. Some examples of the projects youll work on include:
- Understanding the provider & payer competitive landscape across expansion markets.
- Analyzing market trends (market size, demographic changes, regulatory shifts, etc.) & developing an opinion on how they will impact Oscars success in new markets.
- Developing analytical frameworks & tools for identifying attractive provider partners.
- Continually building upon our model for prioritizing expansion opportunities.
Winning factors: What leads to success
Must-have qualities include:
- Outstanding structured & critical thinking & the ability to build models to answer your own questions.
- An ability to form data-driven, concrete answers in a world with imperfect information.
- Expert in excel. Python & SQL are a plus, willingness to learn are a must.
- Strong attention to detail & a willingness to get into the weeds.
- Excellent leadership & communication skills to drive results across a wide range of stakeholders, from data scientists to sales executives to external consultants.
The following will be helpful, but are not essential
- 3+years of experience in management consulting, strategy, private equity or investment banking.
- Healthcare experience & an understanding of provider/payer markets is a plus, with Medicare Advantage experience of particular value
Oscar is an equal opportunity employer. Should you be a fit for this role, one of our recruiters will contact you from a hioscar.com e-mail address. Oscar recruiters do not request your sensitive personal information by email.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.