Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the
Panorama platform, including New York City, Miami-Dade, Seattle, San Francisco, Dallas, & eight departments of education. Schools use Panorama to improve student outcomes by using data, from helping teachers hone their practice, to engaging with families, & to build school culture.
Panorama's Client Success team partners with hundreds of school districts & charter networks to take them from "We just signed up for Panorama" to "Panorama helps us improve education for our students in many important ways." With a near-perfect renewal rate, excellent customer satisfaction, & strong year-over-year account growth our team has set a high bar. Our large districts want hands-on support & expertise bringing Panoramas product to their districts. Thats where our Large District team comes in.
About the Role:
As an Account Director, you play a central role on the Client Success team as you are responsible for renewing Panoramas large accounts in our Large District segment & helping drive revenue growth across your portfolio. Your primary responsibilities include retaining business, sourcing upsell opportunities, & developing relationships with school districts with more than 9,000 students in an assigned territory. These educators operate in political environments that are responsible for educating thousands of children. You must thrive in novel, high-stakes situations that require creativity & big-picture thinking. You will work closely with client buyers & decision-makers including superintendents of school district & leaders of charter management organizations to ensure that Panoramas value is being articulated, ultimately leading to successful retention & growth across your accounts.
- Contribute to Panoramas excellent renewal rate by owning renewals across a portfolio of 30-50 of Panoramas large districts (including renewals tied to school board approvals & disparate funding sources). This entails understanding budget cycles & contract options preferred by our clients, including the structure of license fees & timing of renewals.
- Increase footprint & business with existing clients, discovering & maturing opportunities to grow Panoramas business.
- Develop account plans & monitor overall account health across your portfolio.
- Collaborate closely with a Customer Success Manager & Implementation Lead to provide outstanding relationship management & function as a strategic partner for a portfolio of Panoramas larger revenue clients.
- Travel approximately 25% of the time to facilitate planning meetings, renewal conversations, client health interventions, & support trainings.
What Were Looking For
Excellent account management skills
- At least 2 years of experience in renewal-oriented account management; demonstrated track record of renewing accounts, upselling accounts, & building client relationships.
- Proven ability at developing account plans, leading strategy for client health interventions, & managing renewal cycles.
- Proven ability to manage a portfolio of up to 50 accounts, prioritizing accounts as necessary & communicating across external stakeholder groups with competing priorities.
- Ability to develop strong relationships at the leadership levels of organizations.
- Excellent listening, negotiation & presentation skills.
Thrives in fast-paced, team-oriented, cross-functional settings
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with project management & sales teams to retain business & drive expansion.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; flexibility with potential role changes as team grows.
- Ability to maintain high-quality work & commitments while traveling.
Experience expertly navigating large organizations
- At least 3 years of professional experience working with large organizations; demonstrated savviness about the inner-workings & politics of decision making.
- Outstanding ability to communicate, present & influence credibly & effectively at all levels of large organizations, in particular with senior executive leaders & superintendents
- Passion for & commitment to using data to improve student outcomes, particularly addressing issues of equity & access.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse & inclusive company because we serve students, educators & families from tremendously diverse backgrounds & identities across the country; weve seen how our product & impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, & we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.