Jopwell is a career advancement platform helping Black, Latinx, & Native American students & professionals connect with meaningful job opportunities. Jopwell partners with companies of all sizes & across all industries. We work with the world's leading employers, including Facebook, Google, Amazon, J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Peloton, Pinterest, WeWork, Spotify, the PGA of America, USTA, & many others.
The Special Projects Manager will serve as a true partner to the CEO of a rapidly growing tech start-up focused on advancing the careers of Black, Latinx, & Native American professionals. You will serve as a right hand to the CEO, designing/executing innovative special projects for the business, acting as a gatekeeper & primary point of contact for internal & external communications, & providing confidential administrative support. Blending your customer-centric mindset & innate ability to multitask with acute attention to detail, you will be an important partner in building out Jopwells next phase. This is an excellent growth opportunity for aspiring entrepreneurs or those looking to gain the skills & experience necessary for a leadership role.
- Serve as a thought partner & assistant to the CEO to vet new business concepts, including, but not limited to, concept research, market analysis, revenue forecasting, operational strategy
- Support business development initiatives through research on prospective partnerships, programs, or sales offerings
- Build project plans to outline the scope of work, develop schedules, establish metrics for success, & identify resources to meet the project objectives
- Draft presentations & proposals for internal & external audiences
- Plan and/or support events, both internal & external, in which the CEO will participate
- Coordinate internal & external executive communications
- Effectively manage the CEOs professional & personal calendars, including scheduling meetings, managing work blocks, & prioritizing conflicting requests
- Other duties or special projects as assigned
What we want you to bring:
- Passion for Jopwells mission
- Minimum 2 - 4 years experience in management consulting, project management, supporting an executive, or a related role
- Strong program or project management background
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills & keen attention to detail
- Proficiency with Google Suite & MS Office
- Experience managing a dynamic calendar across multiple time zones
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information with discretion & professionalism
- Resilience & comfort navigating ambiguity
- Positive, solution-oriented, can-do attitude
- High emotional intelligence & the ability to build trusting relationships with internal & external stakeholders
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Equity - every employee is an owner!
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- 401(k) Contribution Plan
- Medical, Vision, & Dental Insurance
- Commuter benefits - WageWorks & monthly transit subsidy
- Apple laptop computer
- Monthly Social Events
- Monthly Learning & Development Opportunities
- A convenient location near Union Square
- Free snacks & coffee
Jopwell is currently a team of 50 full-time employees based in NYC. Weve secured $12M in venture funding since our inception in 2015, including investments from Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Cue Ball Capital, Kapor Capital, Omidyar Network, & Magic Johnson Enterprises. Weve also been featured extensively by both print & digital publications, including, amongst others Forbes, Inc Magazine, & NBC. Fast Company hailed us as one of the most innovative enterprise companies of 2017 & Entrepreneur included Jopwell on their list of the top 100 brilliant ideas of 2017. Forbes Magazine, LinkedIn, & Fast Company also distinguished our co-founders as 30 Under 30 award recipients.
Jopwell is an equal opportunity employer. Jopwell will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics & genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state & local laws.