The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines & voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, & Jaguar Land Roveras well as organizations like the U.S. State Departmenttrust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites & across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is seeking a Senior Platform UI/UX Designer to join our Platform group. As part of the product strategy group, you will partner with designers, product managers, & front-end engineers to solve complex problems by crafting thoughtful, useful & usable user experiences for users of our software tools & community. You will fully own the UI/UX of our hitchhikers.yext.com site, our developer experience & documentation, & our platform-first marketing. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building the best experiences for technical audiences & wants to be part of a fast-paced, exciting team at Yext.
IMPORTANT: All candidates must include a portfolio with personal design and/or engineering contributions or work samples. Otherwise, the application cannot be taken into consideration.
What Youll Do
- Focus on designing the best possible developer experience for Yext users, optimizing for fast time-to-value & user education
- Synthesize high-level business requirements into usable & elegant design solutions
- Design & conduct small & medium scale usability tests & other UX research activities
- Collaborate closely with engineering & product leads in concept development & design iteration
- Stay up-to-date with & display knowledge of the latest in web technologies to optimize efficiencies & improve user experiences
- Translate ideas & concepts into sophisticated & interactive prototypes to explore & test new features & products, when applicable
- Develop custom tools & automations to help expedite design & business objectives when relevant
- Contribute to user experience best practices & act as an experience evangelist to the company
What You Have
- BA/BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Interaction Design, or related technical field
- 5-8+ years of professional experience in web-based interaction design / development (enterprise or SaaS software preferred)
- Experience working with APIs, CLIs & SDKs
- Knowledge of UX research & evaluation techniques
- Passion for design & the intersection of design & technology
- Ability to juggle multiple projects & competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, dedicated, detail-oriented, & organized
- High level of empathy; ability of to relate to users from various perspectives
- Excellent leadership, communication, & teamwork skills
- Proven ability to learn quickly & understand complex topics.
- An innate curiosity, willingness to ask questions, & passion for learning & helping others learn
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.