IEX is looking for a driven, motivated candidate to join our Business Analytics team. You will have familiarity with the mechanics of electronic trading, U.S. equity market structure, & data analysis. You will demonstrate the composure & aptitude required to work effectively in a dynamic, high-pressure & fast-paced business environment.
This position is best suited for a highly collaborative, team-oriented individual who is passionate about electronic trading & working with data. Youll work directly with IEX Member firms to expand access & understanding of the IEX market as well as cross functionally with IEXs business development, product, technology, & regulatory teams.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Superlative attention to detail
- Keen interest in data analysis & electronic trading
- Open-minded & able to quickly acquire new concepts & ideas
- Self-motivated & comfortable with independently driven work within the constructs of team orientated environment
- Availability & commitment to accommodate a flexible work schedule & an on-call environment
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Produce periodic reports & analyses on market structure trends both at the venue-level & market-wide
- Develop expertise with IEX technology systems, trading functionality, order types & market data
- Work with team members to present analyses to external clients & internal stakeholders
- Drive business by providing analytical insights to product development & business development teams
- Participation in general IEX product development & business development initiatives
- Collaborate with internal teams at IEX including Technology Operations, Product Management, Development, Quality Assurance, Sales, Quantitative Research, Compliance, & Regulation
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education & experience
- 1+ years experience on a trading electronic desk, direct product / quant exposure is a plus
- Familiarity with electronic trading, trading systems, & equity market structure
- Eagerness to work in a collaborative team environment where you can make a meaningful contribution with your work
- Experience working with complex data sets, scripting languages like kdb, SQL or Python
- Interested data visualization & analytics
- Ability to acquire Series 7, 57 & Series 63 certifications within 90 days of hiring
NICE TO HAVES:
- Electronic trading experience Youve spent time working with or trading with electronic trading algorithms. Familiarity with different ways of measuring execution quality at the parent order or venue level. Willing to be client-facing & partner with internal stake holders
- Knowledge of micro-market structure, order types, & order book behavior
- Data analysis experience spent time with a query language like kdb+/q or a data science module like Pandas for Python. You enjoy spending time with large datasets & using your skills to create interesting views. Your code is performant, precise & clear.
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace & culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws & protects workers' rights but is vital to IEXs overall mission & values.