The Senior Manager of SEC Reporting is a key individual contributor to the success of the Finance Department. The Senior Manager of SEC reporting will take a leading role with respect to the financial aspects of quarterly & annual financial reporting filings with the Securities & Exchange Commission. This position reports to the Controller.
This is a full-time position averaging 40 hours per week with quarterly demands. This position is required to work out of headquarters.
This is a great opportunity to work at a growing technology company in Northern Virginia & gain exposure to the companys leadership team.
- Takes leading role in the preparation of SEC filings (e.g. Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, related XBRL filings, & proxy statements)
- Ensures compliance with SOX & SEC regulations
- Perform quarterly fluctuation analyses to incorporate in the MD&A
- Research & document accounting policy positions in technical accounting memorandums
- Helps automate & improve current financial reporting processes
- Responsible for execution & implementation of new accounting disclosure requirements
- Assist with any audit or regulatory requests, including financial statement tie out support & drafting comment letter responses
- 5+ years of combined public company financial reporting & audit (Big Four) experience
- 2+ years experience managing the SEC reporting function in a public company
- Strong technical accounting knowledge of U.S. GAAP & requirements under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Experience with reporting tools such as Workiva
- Technology industry experience preferred
- Strong project management skills
- High degree of professionalism & integrity with ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- BS in Accounting
- Active Certified Public Accountant
- Experience with XBRL
Appian is not accepting applicants from external recruiting agencies.
Appian Corporation is anequalopportunity/affirmative actionemployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration foremploymentwithout regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker,Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.