Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Within VCA, the Benchmarking & Scorecards team uses a proven benchmarking methodology to deliver industry performance benchmarks to our clients that are unavailable from any other source. This team drives tangible & impactful financial results for Visa clients by identifying opportunities & using industry expertise & Visa's technology & data capabilities to develop & change client strategies. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering & implementing projects & solutions with various types of Visa clients, including issuers such as large multi-regional, regional & community financial institutions. This person will develop initiatives to promote sustainable & profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both the preferred brand & a valued, long-term business partner.
The ideal candidate is a highly analytical individual with previous consulting, finance, analytics, & /or payments experience.
Typical projects may include:
- How does an issuer expand their credit card portfolio while mitigating credit risk?
- How does an issuer optimize their product offerings?
- How does an Issuer's profitability compare to a benchmark of peers?
- How should a credit card issuer use emerging technology to acquire the best customers?
- How does a Bank or Credit Union optimize their revenues?
- How can a Financial Institution drive increased spend in specific segments?
The location preference is Foster City, CA.Ashburn, VAwill also be considered.
- Manage benchmarking functional practices (e.g., marketing, customer experience, operations, risk, etc.) including:
- Complete benchmarking engagements individually & with other team members
- Lead onsite efforts to understand client strategies, collect qualitative & quantitative data, & understand expenses, FTEs & processes
- Partner with clients to identify gaps & develop opportunities for improvement
- Present findings to client executive management teams
- Manage engagements using Visa's vast data capabilities to help clients optimize product revenues
- Proactively engage with Visa leaders in regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate & manage a pipeline of work with Financial Institutions.
- Contribute to selling consulting engagements by identifying potential opportunities with Visa's client banks/financial institutions.
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions & recommendations that effectively & efficiently address the most impactful opportunities & challenges.
- Build solutions & actionable insights that will help clients to grow their portfolios.
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., sales & solutions, marketing, sales, risk, innovation, products) & across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth & depth of Visa's resources.
- Produce insights, analyses & recommendations to improve client performance, boost growth, drive understanding of client issues & provide strategic guidance for client priorities across the verticals & segments.
- Build new scalable solutions, toolkits, best practice documents & consulting approach that can be applied across VCA practice
- Develop client-specific presentations which address executive needs & deliver presentations to clients & internal Visa partners
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 5+years of experience working in a management consulting & finance; data analytics & payments experience a plus
- Knowledge of finance & general ledger accounting
- Excellent communication, story-telling & presentation skills
- Self-motivated, highly energized; detail-oriented individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership, problem diagnostics & high impact solutions to clients support the growth & performance. Candidates must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with internal & external clients & across the Visa organization.
- Ability to effectively manipulate & analyze large data sets (industry & Visa) to determine meanings insights & recommendations for clients
- Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels & functional experts
- Strong multi-tasking skills & ability to adapt
- Proficient & ideally a power-user of spreadsheet & presentation tools
- An interest in payments,financial institutions or consumer lending a plus
- An affinity for payments technology, digital, FinTech
- An MBA is strongly preferred
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.