At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger & the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives & with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development & operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level5, you will have the opportunity to develop & deploy tomorrows hardware & software solutions & thereby revolutionize transportation.
As an expert in machine learning, you will be working with the Perception & Prediction Teams on developing a machine learning based system for sensor fusion, 3D object detection, tracking, & prediction that combines the latest findings in deep learning, computer vision, & robotics. You will work in a fast-paced environment & interact with a wide variety of teams ranging across Research, Motion Planning, ML Foundations, ML Infrastructure, & Simulation. The ideal candidate should be well versed in the fundamentals of deep learning. Your work will directly contribute to our teams ability to build & deploy state-of-the-art deep learning systems for autonomous driving.
- Build state-of-the-art methods that leverage deep learning & large-scale data to develop a machine learning first approach to perception & prediction
- Train neural networks on massive volumes of data, & build the supporting metrics & introspection frameworks
- Create resilient & scalable solutions that enable rapid iteration & improvements to the system with more data
- Be a champion of the scientific method & critical thinking, apply rigorous engineering practices during validation & deployment
- Collaborate closely with partnering teams across the autonomy stack to drive & deploy solutions that run in real-time on our fleet of autonomous vehicles & improve our autonomy performance end-to-end
- Work on challenging, unsolved problems & be comfortable with ambiguity
- Stay up to date with the latest research & trends in the field
- Work in a small, high-velocity team of engineers
- Bachelors (Masters, Ph.D. preferred) in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Robotics or a related field
- Hands-on experience writing high-quality code in Python & C++
- Hands-on experience with machine learning / deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow
- Hands-on experience with designing & training deep learning models (CNN, RNN, LSTM, Transformers, GNN, PointNet etc.) on large-scale datasets in a distributed environment
- (Nice to Have) Experience with applying deep learning techniques to sensor fusion, 3D object detection, tracking, or predicting the future behavior of agents
- (Nice to Have) Experience with probabilistic robotics, state estimation
- (Nice to Have) Experience working on self-driving problems (Perception, Prediction, Mapping, Localization, Planning, Simulation)
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.