BetterCloud is the first company to provide a SaaSOps platform solution to manage & secure the digital workplace. Over 2,500 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud to automate processes & policies across a company's SaaS application portfolio. A pioneer of the SaaS Ops movement, BetterCloud established the first-ever "SaaS Application Management & Security Framework" via two published books entitled "The IT Leader's Guide to SaaS Ops" - Vol. 1: "A Six-part Framework for Managing Your SaaS Applications" & Vol. 2: "How to Secure Your SaaS Applications." BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco & Atlanta.
Our Microservices technology stack heavily leverages Java & Spring Boot on the backend & React on the front end. Our CI/CD system utilizes Jenkins, Gradle, Bitbucket, & Harness.io. Infrastructure as Code (IaC) & automation is implemented with Terraform, Kubernetes, & Chef. Our platform processes eye-popping amounts of data using stream processing technologies such as Kafka, Google PubSub, & Flink.
While we dont expect anyone to have experience with all of these technologies, we do expect an Enterprise Architect to have at least relevant experience with similar technologies. We are looking for a seasoned Enterprise Infrastructure Architect who loves to design world-class infrastructure, automated deployments, maintenance, & monitoring solutions, & loves, loves, loves to learn. If you have these qualities & are willing to hit the ground running then were the place for you!
- 10+ years of overall industry experience
- 5+ years experience designing highly available, resilient & scalable cloud infrastructure
- Must have experience with Cloud IaaS (Focus: GCP, Alt: AWS, Azure)
- Expertise in Linux system administration, TLS, DNS, TCP & HTTPS
- 3 - 4 years experience with Container Orchestration tools (Focus: Kubernetes)
- 3 - 4 years experience with Configuration Management Tooling (Focus: Chef, Alt: Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
- Service Discovery (Consul, Consul DNS)
- Hashicorp Products (Consul, Terraform, Packer)
- Observability, Monitoring & Metrics (Stackdriver, Prometheus, Grafana)
- CI/CD (Jenkins, Harness.io)
- Highly Available Architectures
- Distributed System Architectures
- Understanding of SLO/SLI/SLA & RTO/RPO objectives
- ELK Stack (distributed logging architectures)
- Knowledge of Site Reliability philosophy & experience establishing Service Level Objectives & managing to them
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & be highly collaborative
- An intelligent, energetic, hard-working, & self-driven individual
- Experience with a stream processing or pub/sub-architecture is a plus
- Provides technical designs that align with standards for testability, security, & performance. Collaborate with other architects on designs to vet & improve design.
- Acts as a mentor, leader, & manager for the software engineers on their team. Works to turn software engineers into tech leads & tech leads into architects.
- Builds a tight relationship with their corresponding Product Manager while acting as the technical owner for their area of our product. Works with the Product Manager to develop the roadmap for their team & then execute against the roadmap.
- Collaborates with other architects & technical leaders to help define, evangelize, & achieve the overall technical vision of BetterCloud.
- Ownership of setting up frameworks to codify best practices, reducing lines of code through re-use, & ensuring team members adhere to those best practices during the design & development phases.
- During design & code reviews you understand the user story & the problem it is trying to solve. Make sure the solution uses the correct components & frameworks while enforcing best practices & lessons learned from past mistakes.
- Career growth opportunities coupled with both leadership & technical training
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled & vets.