Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we will triple the size of our engineering team & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization.
About the Role
As Director of Engineering with focus on BI & data intelligence, you will lead the creation of a centralized hub for data across the company in the cloud, establish a scalable data platform, & enrich our foundation layer of data to power business intelligence, predictive analytics, & data science capabilities to drive Compass growth.
At Compass You Will:
- Build the future data analytics platform for Compass on AWS
- Lead & mentor data platform engineers, data architects & Business Intelligence engineers.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to deliver on business intelligence needs
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology & products.
- Oversee the development of new data platform capabilities, as well as the maintenance & enhancements of existing products
- Develop an excellent work environment & engineering culture around analytics.
- Build top quality analytics teams & technology practices
Immediate priorities for your team include:
- Refactor ETL framework & enhance analytics performance to enable faster development time & reduce long-term maintenance costs
- Establish data quality & management standards to maintain data accuracy & relevance
- Expand data sources to include listings, contracts, revenue, contacts, & third party data
- Capture revenue segmentation, agent productivity, customer acquisition costs, retention & market share metrics in DI infrastructure
What we look for:
- Experience managing robust cloud based data pipelines - maturity as volume, variety & velocity increases.
- Ability to understand bring the latest technology to analytics & data governance.
- Experience creating processes for handling requests for new insights / structure from internal customers.
- Experience defining technical roadmap & evolution from business intelligence to data science
- Experience recruiting top talent & hiring data science leadership
- Ability to interact with execs in other groups & be seen as leader & partner vs service provider
- Experience in hyper growth company where use of data changes with growth
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out our Engineering blog!