THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion, always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Aprons engineering team creates software that manages the forecasting, purchasing, preparation, & shipment of new fresh ingredients every week, delivering over 8 million meals nationwide each month. Were faced with complex supply chain & logistical challenges that require purpose-built solutions & data analysis.
As a Sr. Software Engineer at Blue Apron, you are responsible for the ongoing evolution of our software architecture, mentoring new engineers & providing technical leadership for strategic projects. We are looking for someone who is passionate about software development & enjoys both learning from & teaching others.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Create & implement beautifully responsive & optimized new features to provide more enjoyable experiences for our users.
- Work closely with developers, designers, product managers, & other teams in the company to design the best experiences possible for our internal & external applications.
- Build efficient & reusable front-end systems & abstractions.
- Develop APIs to support our user facing web & mobile applications.
- Find & address performance issues.
- Participate in design & code reviews.
- Identify & communicate best practices.
- Our stack: React, Redux, Webpack, Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, PostgreSQL
- Five or more years experience as a software engineer.
- Solid knowledge of testing principles.
- Experience creating cloud services in frameworks like Ruby on Rails, Django, Node.js or similar technologies.
- An understanding of RESTful API design & have developed clients to interact with a variety of APIs.
- A thirst for learning & a passion for new technologies, processes, & patterns.
- You write tests to improve the quality & reliability of your code.
- Track record of mentoring up-and-coming engineers.
If you dont meet these exact requirements but think youd be a good fit, please apply!
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.