Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Our mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, & other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, & action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, & Steward Health Care use the Yext Knowledge Engine to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, & increase sales.
Yext is in the process of building out a world-class Global Support organization & is looking for an experienced leader to take our initiatives to the next level. The Vice President of Global Support reports to the SVP of Operations & is responsible for the development & on-going management of our Global Support teams across the world & across all our sales channels: Small Business, Partner (reseller), Mid-Market & Enterprise.
The VP of Global Support is responsible for ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction by managing top quality & productivity guidelines that will be met by each team. The ideal candidate has experience successfully building out a scalable, tiered support model across multiple countries, languages, & channels (e.g., email, chat, community), all while creating a vibrant, dynamic, customer-focused culture.
This individuals primary responsibilities are to expand our existing global support teams in Europe, Asia & North America, build out escalated support tiers, & put in place initiatives to monitor & improve key KPIs for efficiency & customer satisfaction.
As the leader of Support, this individual will lead a highly skilled team & instill diligence, accuracy, a sense of urgency & efficiency when meeting the operational needs of the customer & the business at large. They will also work cross-functionality with other Yext departments, acting as the central voice for the department, & work to align support efforts with the company goals & initiatives - proactively identifying challenges & providing cross-functional solutions.
- Act as an architect for Yexts global support structure, with a thorough understanding of Yexts product & customer needs
- Identify areas for strategic improvement in regards to the systems, processes, policies & procedures
- Build & manage global support team capable of supporting:
- Multiple tiers of support
- 24/7 support availability
- Multi-language support
- Service support across various platforms: email, chat, phone
- Service support across all sales channels: Enterprise, Midmarket, Partner, SMB
- Have a fast track with <1 hr response time
- Oversee the handling of Tier 1 & Tier 2 support functions across the globe, including the transferring of tickets between tiers & offices.
- Establish relationships with BPO providers & determine whether/how to use these providers alongside Yext direct employees
- Establish executive-level reporting to track team efficiency & coverage
- Work alongside Strategy teams to productize our support offering
- Create a customer-centric culture focused on finding solutions & wowing customers
- Make Yext a best-in-class support operation able to provide best practices to Yext clients or support their end customers, if desired
- Coach, support & develop talent within the team; manage employees growth & career trajectory & scale the team by sharing opportunities for increased effectiveness & efficiency while also identifying the key barriers for success
- Serve a key stakeholder, working with cross functional teams to build out relevant help resources
- Raise the Bar work continuously with the team to ideate, build & scale new ways of thinking / approaches to raise the bar in terms of the value we are bringing to our customers
- 15+ years of experience in the Customer Service industry
- 5+ years management experience
- 2+ experience managing globally dispersed support teams
- Direct experience building out & managing global teams
- A true, inspirational leader who enjoys hiring, developing, mentoring & motivating top talent.
- A strategic thinker with strong analytical skills who is able to use data to find solutions
- Experience working in a SaaS company (highly recommended)
- Able to work out of our New York Headquarters on a weekly basis
- Willingness to travel occasionally to oversee other Global Support hubs
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, & excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well & offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, & collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune & Great Place to Work as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo & the Washington, D.C. Area. For more information, visit yext.com.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.