Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are an experienced, rising finance star who has worked across corporate FP&A & business unit finance functions. You understand budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, & are a great business partner. You understand overall company reporting, business unit reporting, & departmental reporting processes, & have assisted with the preparation of monthly or quarterly Board and/or executive management presentation decks. You have built or worked with acquisition models or company valuation models & understand the impactful assumptions around these models. You are a spreadsheet guru with business intelligence skills. You have experience working with planning & reporting systems, as well as building ad-hoc excel analyses & forecasting templates, & have ideally been through an ERP or stand-alone planning system implementation. You understand financial reporting pain-points & how to use automation & software to solve them. You have worked for a VC-backed technology company or division of a larger company, with core competency in corporate FP&A. You ideally have a banking background or competence in capital markets, as well as experience or a good understanding of the real estate industry.
You are a self-starter who is motivated by the challenge of taking your knowledge & using it to improve current reporting & create & execute robust financial models for a rapidly growing company. You are skilled in adapting to change & consistently seeking ways to add value to the organization. You are a problem-solver, naturally analytical & curious by nature, & diligent in researching data to help others make informed decisions.
You are excited to take on the challenge of working for a fast-paced, high-growth company that is transforming the real estate industry & developing new & innovative products to help consumers with one of the biggest financial decisions of their lives.
You want to work for a company that values culture, family, & personal success as much as it values the achievement of its business objectives.
What Youll Do Here
- Lead the corporate FP&A function, reporting to the VP of Finance & working with senior management across the organization
- Manage quarterly BOD reporting & monthly management reporting processes, working together with the existing FP&A team
- Assist in the development of the annual budget
- Assist with the implementation of ERP systems & tools to manage performance against the annual budget, & to provide critical financial & operational insights
- Work with the Business Intelligence team to streamline & automate daily, weekly, & monthly reporting.
- Report, analyze, & interpret financial, & operating data for executive & business unit management.
- Provide analytical support to management to include P&L projections/forecasts, scenario planning, ratio analysis & cost analysis related to business models
- Work with management to develop, monitor, & report on key performance indicators for the business
- Assist with the development, preparation, & presentation of short- & long-range financial plans.
- Analyze current FP&A processes & strive to enhance/automate wherever possible.
- At least 8-12 years of experience in finance; with a minimum of 4-6 years in progressive corporate FP&A roles
- ERP experience (Oracle/Netsuite, Anaplan or similar), ideally including systems implementation
- Advanced Excel skills
- The ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude for collaborating across functions
- Superior verbal & written communications & presentation skills
- Bachelors Degree required (finance or accounting field preferred); MBA preferred
- Real estate or digital marketing industry experience a plus
- Capital markets, financing, mortgage experience an added plus
- SQL, Tableau, or other similar BI skills a plus
- IPO or investor relations experience a plus