We are looking for someone who enjoys coding & has a white hat hacker mindset to join us in a Security Engineer Role. This position will be a part of the HelloSign Security team & will work directly with the HelloSign engineering & product teams. As part of this role, you will identify & refactor vulnerable or unsafe code, fix security issues & collaborate with the engineering team to deliver new security related features. You will work with the team to ensure our products are secure by default.
- Collaborate with different stakeholders to help us ship reliable & secure features.
- Help engineer new security features that enhance our customers security.
- Perform source code reviews of the web applications & infrastructure deployed by us.
- Design & implement solutions to ensure all security findings are appropriately remediated.
- Automate security controls using scripting to the extent that it requires minimal human interaction.
- Identify & refactor vulnerable or unsafe code.
- Participate in 24x7 on call rotation for security related events.
- Strong past experience in security engineering or application security role
- Prefer BS or MS in Computer Science or Information Security or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of modern web applications
- Information security related experience with Amazon AWS or equivalent cloud experience
- In depth understanding of Linux/UNIX based systems
- Experience shipping production code in PHP, Python or similar.
- A deep understanding of common web application vulnerabilities
- Ability to show initiative to drive progress & improvement
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize & meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer data
- Certifications like OSCP, CISSP, RHCE are a plus