Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
This position is heavily involved in public-facing functions like greeting staff, checking guests in, assisting with events & meeting setup, assisting with deliveries, making coffee, & setup of the office prior to opening each morning...all with a smile on your face. We are looking for someone with a strong customer service background & a readiness to handle lots of moving pieces; andand someone who is organized & can set up processes & systems ensuring that the space is properly maintained & operating.
- Greeting everyone who walks through the door
- Setting up rooms for classes & spaces for events
- Working closely with employees find solutions to facilities problems in a timely manner
- Setting up the office prior to opening each morning including making coffee, checking each room to ensure they are ready for the day
- Managing auxiliary vendors such as cleaning staff & part time front desk associates
- Managing external vendors for as regularly & ad hoc service such as HVAC maintenance, plumbing, water coolers, printers, & fire safety
- Maintaining an updated seating chart
- Team lunch & misc event setup / breakdown
- Calendar management / events / conference rooms
- Inventory, tracking & ordering for fruit, coffee, office supplies, business cards
- Mail receiving / delivering
- General point of contact for any companies doing work in the space
- Maintaining / organizing storage spaces in the office
*This is a part-time position with business working hours Mon-Fri (approximately 20-30 hours/week)