Were building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, were cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, & growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can & asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation & iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, & transparency in the workplace. We arent afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, & even ourselves.
We dont just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
Splice is looking for a full-time Writer to join the Brand Team at our HQ in New York as our principal storyteller & voice of Splice.
Youll be responsible for crafting copy & narratives to inspire & drive exploration with our ever evolving ecosystem of music tools (such as softsynths & DAWs), partnerships & collaborations with some of the most exciting artists in music, & develop stories for integrated campaigns & content that resonate with Splices audience of passionate producers & aspiring musicians.
What Youll Do:
- Write copy & develop creative concepts for internal & public-facing channels. From print & digital, blog posts & strategy decks, youll work both independently & with collaborators from the company at large
- Craft & own all messaging across our digital marketing pages, finding new ways to inspire musicians to experiment with new tools & techniques as well as advise & review copy written for our social & editorial channels
- Collaborate closely with Designers, Producers, & the Product Marketing team to find creative & engaging ways to position & explain our ever changing ecosystem of products & features.
- Translate brand value propositions & communications into multi-channel campaigns, from ad copy & sales enablement to thought leadership & white papers.
- Refine & ensure our Voice & Tone guidelines are followed & provide guidance & support to internal team members to empower them to speak as the brand. Youll balance context & audiences to assure our communications sound just right.
What were looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant experience for a brand or product, working in-house for a marketing or tech-driven company.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Youre a storyteller & music lover at heart
- You have basic understanding of music production & a desire to learn even more.
- You have experience developing & pitching creative concepts & effectively communicating these ideas to your collaborators & project stakeholders.
- Youve conceptualized & authored content that spans both creative & technical. You can break complex processes & topics & make them understandable & relatable.
- You work quickly & efficiently. Youre able to turn around briefs on tight timelines, often juggling competing priorities. You internalize feedback from creative & business collaborators alike & iterate accordingly.
- Please include 2-3 writing samples in your application. Applications without a sample will not be reviewed.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity & inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.