Refinery29 is the leading media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 425 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, & live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration & tools to discover & pursue a more independent, stylish, & informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com/en-us, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk & www.refinery29.de for more information & to browse content.
What Makes an R29er?
You have a deep commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to motivate & inspire women through their own unique power, identity, & infinite potential. You have a deep knowledge and/or interest in womens storytelling & reporting, as well as its distinct power to inform & drive conversation & change. You ignite possibility & solutions in even the most challenging moments, & you have an innate desire to strive for excellence & progress, through your daily work & your attitude.
About the team:
The Branded Photo team creates branded content for Refinery29 in collaboration with outside Brand Partners. This team works to concept, produce & art direct photo assets that combine our brand partner's marketing objective & the Refinery29 mission & voice.
What you'll do:
Refinery29 is looking for an avid, detail oriented Photo Intern to contribute to a fast-paced Branded Photo department. This position will provide support specifically in the production & execution of Refinery29s branded content. The person in this role will be on set with our clients & thus must have a calm, mature, & tactful manner.
Update photo resource library, photograph Styling Sessions & prep Styling Session Keynote presentations & send contributors hi-res images & live links of final stories.
- Assist with location scouting & casting
- Creative moodboards from our monthly creative brainstorms
- Assist the Branded Photo team on production & execution for branded content photo shoots
- Source & purchase props for shoots
- Picking up brand products & making returns
- Daily administrative tasks
- Act as production assistant to Photo Editors on set
- Conduct photo research & optimize images for web
- Help manage monthly budgets, invoicing & expenses
- Maintaining & updated photo resource library
- Photograph & retouch original content that ranges from still-life to fashion for the Refinery29 social accounts
- Photograph Styling Sessions & prep Styling Session Keynote presentation
- Send contributors hi-res images & live links of final stories
What you have:
- You must have experience with on-location & studio photography
- You must have working knowledge of Photoshop, Adobe Programs & Presentation software
- You must have organizational skills
To be successful here you are:
- Quick thinking & resourceful
- Positive & a team player
- Strong creative sensibility with keen eye
- Knowledgeable & interested in fashion, photography & advertising (with a desire to constantly evolve & elevate)
- Proactively seek out emerging talent
- Strong research skills & eye on industry trends
- Must be proficient in Photoshop & be able to do basic retouching, image sizing, color correcting & layouts
- Excellent communication skills & extremely organized
- Thrive in a fast-paced & constantly changing environment while maintaining a proactive attitude
- A problem-solver in an ever-changing environment
- Inspired to push boundaries & be a thought leader