Fastly helps the worlds most popular di19gital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, & scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, & scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Stripe, Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, & The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester As more & more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue growing CDN, cloud networking & cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
Were building a better Internet. Come join us.
Senior Account Executive
Fastly has already disrupted CDN technology & now we are changing how CDN is sold. Our sales team engages in a consultative selling approach, learns the individual needs of each customer & delivers custom solutions. We focus on crafting a positive customer experience in order to build long-standing relationships.
The senior sales teams focus is driving revenue, adoption & market penetration in enterprise accounts. You possess a technical sales background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO, IT architect & software developer levels. You should be a self-starter who is prepared to develop & execute against a territory coverage plan & consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets.
If you have a successful track record of selling a highly technical product to consumer web, mobile, media & enterprise companies we would like to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- Accountable for driving business, & meeting or exceeding quota goals & MBOs.
- Effectively & independently deliver the Fastly company story, value proposition, & product demonstrations.
- Develop & execute a comprehensive account/territory plan to drive revenue & market share in a defined territory or industry vertical.
- Prepare & lead proposals, quotes, & contracts.
- Handle account management for closed accounts to seek additional revenue opportunities.
- Accelerate customer adoption & ensure customer happiness.
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
- Running all aspects of the sales cycle including: prospecting, sales campaign/meetings, negotiation close, account management.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of technology (B2B, SaaS preferred) related sales or business development experience with C-level executives.
- Direct field experience & customer network within Media, Streaming & Publishing sectors--contacts within Fortune 1000 & large multi-divisional/multinational companies is ideal.
- Experience with enterprise media, VOD & large scale entertainment & content delivery networks. Also content management, web analytics, website performance, cloud storage, load balancing, mobile content delivery or handled web hosting is helpful.
- Strong ability to close sales, run accurate pipeline & forecast.
- Independent, self-disciplined & possess strong verbal & written communications skills.
- BA/BS degree required, major in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment.
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicants race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act & certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.