Beeswax is looking for a Director of Infrastructure to join our growing team. We were recently recognized on the 5000 list as #46 in the fastest growing companies & #5 in the top software companies. In 2018, we were also named by Business Insider as the fastest growing company in AdTech"
Beeswax is an easy to use, massive scale & high availability advertising platform founded by industry veterans who worked together at Google. Were well funded by leading VCs, such as RRE & Foundry Group, & are rapidly expanding our customer list & our engineering team. We offer our customers the most extensible & transparent advertising platform in the world & process millions of transactions per second.
Our engineers come from major tech companies such as Amazon & Facebook as well as many other companies with strong software disciplines. We take pride in our mission to build great advertising software.
Our tech stack is constantly evolving to meet the challenges of the massive scale of transactions on which we operate. To manage the firehose of data coming in, we explore complex tradeoffs & carefully architect high performance distributed systems. Those in turn require elegant & thoughtfully designed interfaces to make the systems accessible to both our team & our customers.
As Director of Infrastructure, youll be responsible for both our Site Reliability & Platform teams with a clear mandate to grow the teams & their impact.
The Site Reliability team is responsible for uptime & security of Beeswax systems. The team manages a global infrastructure that provides core services to the rest of the engineering team. The core services include Kubernetes, Monitoring & alerting, Load balancing, Network traffic management, Key value stores to name a few. All the core services are designed to handle enormous scale of millions of requests per second. This team is also responsible for security & compliance (SOC2).
The Platform team at Beeswax is focused on improving developer productivity. This team defines the release process for the engineering teams by developing tools to test, package & deploy software to production. The services managed by this team include CI/CD pipelines, developer environments with support for multiple programming languages, unit test & integration test frameworks & build systems.
You will succeed in this role if:
- You love the people challenge of building a high performing team - meaning recruiting, inspiring & developing your team members, & delivering business results on a constant & consistent basis
- You are enthusiastic about developing efficient processes for the team
- You enjoy the occasional bee pun
- You operate well in the unknown & aren't afraid to take risks & learn from your mistakes
- You champion engineering & operational excellence, establishing metrics & process for regular assessment & improvement
- You have an ethic of service & focus on making customer driven decisions
Ideal candidates will have:
- 7+ years of engineering experience & 3+ hands-on technical management experience
- Expertise in designing, analyzing & troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Expert Python skills, knowledge of C++ & familiarity with other modern languages
- Experience with a variety of build, provisioning & deployment systems
- Strong understanding of test methods (regression, functional, unit, integration, code coverage, performance, etc.)
- Experience with AWS
- A passing knowledge of the top honey producing flowers in the NY area
- An ability to think about & tackle problems analytically