What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Were a team of builders & strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity & offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, & every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, & we rely on our people to make it happen
BlockFi is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our growing team!
About Your Team
As a Business Intelligence Analyst your responsibilities will be focused on the preparation, maintenance, analysis, & visualization of all data sources that BlockFi currently has, or will have in the future. You will be expected to not only meet your direct day to day responsibilities detailed below, but also assist with helping to shape the future of BlockFi Analytics. This role provides the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of BlockFis Analytics department.
- Assist with various ad-hoc projects ranging from client analysis, business analysis, investor reporting, & internal KPI tracking
- Create new & service existing Tableau dashboards across each business unit at BlockFi
- Organize & reconcile large amounts of data to ensure timely, & accurate reporting while delivering a top notch client experience
- Review data for discrepancies among systems to ensure back-end data matches client-facing data
- Create & maintain documentation on key internal data processes that helps to enable the team to train new team members, detail existing obscure data pipelines, & lay the foundation for automation
- Have an eye for detail & ensure all work has appropriate checks / controls in place to ensure the accuracy & completeness of our reports
- Be a self starter that finds opportunities for development & can deliver solutions with minimal oversight
- Recognize that no job is too small & egos must not delay deliverables
- Display intellectual curiosity & seek opportunities for personal & professional improvement
- Proficient in SQL (Advanced), Python, Data Visualization Tool experience (we use Tableau), Excel/Google Sheets (Advanced), Data modeling for Reporting (Relational Databases), Amazon Redshift, Amazon RDS, Postgres, Dashboard Design Background & Databricks is a Plus
- A degree in a technical field such as Finance, Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science or similar field
- Direct hands on experience managing Business Intelligence deliverables (Analysis & Visualizations)
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Excellent problem solving skills, as well as the ability to work independently without need for constant oversight
- Proven stakeholder management experience, ability to synthesize verbal business user requirements & be able to produce/communicate technically advanced concepts to non technical stakeholders
- Ability to onboard, train, & mentor Junior employees as our team expands
- Strong critical thinking & analytical capabilities
- High attention to detail
- Adaptable to various environments & sudden changes
- Ability to embrace new technology, applications & solutions
- Desire to often work with people as well as be a self-motivated team player
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience & expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health & well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, & Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team & we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial & driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand