Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Director, Pricing & Compliance will fulfill a critical role in ensuring that Visa bills its clients correctly by ensuring that Visa's Billing systems are updated for contractual pricing correctly & on a timely basis. Responsibilities range from reviewing Visa's customer contracts; implementing billing changes; & preparing & processing billing adjustments where needed. The position will be based in Visa's headquarters in Foster City, California.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Auditing or Accounting (Advanced degree preferred)
- MBA degree or equivalent preferred
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience (Card payment industry preferred but not required)
- Experience in managing, developing & leading employees
- Expertise in Revenue Recognition rules, knowledge of Visa's products & business a plus
- Strong Financial Analysis skills to decipher & implement complex financial terms incorporated in Visa's contracts with its customers
- Strong decision making skills, business analysis/problem solving skills, excellent verbal & written communication skills, & upbeat customer-service attitude
- Advanced skills in both MS Excel & Access. Extensive data mining experience using OLAP tools is preferred
- Detail-oriented with proven ability to work independently & in a team oriented environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform under pressure with tight deadlines & accustom to a fast-paced & often ambiguous environment to drive results
- Self-motivated & be willing to utilize & learn new technology to solve problems
- Proficient with other MS Office applications such as Word & Power Point
- Prior experience with Cognos, MicroStrategy reporting tool & Oracle Financials is a plus
Lead a team of 2 to 4 persons to review newly executed Issuer, Acquirer & Merchant contracts, assess Visa's contractual pricing obligations & implement changes needed to the Billing systems
Provide guidance for billing terms to be included in negotiating new contracts
Manage the process for recognizing revenue for Value-in-kind contracts
Negotiate with Clients, Visa Account Executives & Account Management groups to resolve billing issues, review customer billing adjustments & explain Visa Billing Statements
Manage efforts of Client Incentive, Global Client Contract Management, Global Client Incentive Operations & Billing groups to resolve customer contract & billing issues
Prepare & present complex pricing adjustment calculations (both accrual & cash basis) to Senior Management for approval
Assist Finance Operations team in implementation of Revenue Systems Strategy
Manage analysis of revenue data & preparation of customer/product revenue reports for Management
Manage design, development & implementation of Billing Compliance programs
Manage ongoing reviews of billing systems, processes & controls through the interpretation of historical financial, operational & transactional data to mitigate the risks of potential billing errors
Develop financial models to monitor revenue & pricing compliance on a monthly or quarterly basis
Document significant findings & related recommendations
Provide ad-hoc analytical support to internal & external stakeholders
Develop in-depth knowledge of Visa's core billing & reporting systems
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires no travel
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.