Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Group Technical Product Manager to lead a team of Technical Product Managers in our fast growing engineering organization.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
As a Group Technical Product Manager, you will oversee a team of TPMs focused on building reliable, scalable, & secure cloud infrastructure & common components to support Oscars technology platform & products. You & your team will identify opportunities for empowering Oscar engineers through automation, tooling, & in-house built solutions. Youll be responsible for team prioritization, standards, distribution of work, managing risks & issues, vendor management, & leading the team towards successful & measurable outcomes. Your customers will be internal users of our platform including Oscar engineers, data scientists, operations specialists, process engineers, & security.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Vision & Strategy: Partner with infrastructure & product engineers along with product managers to set a multi-year vision, strategy, & measurable goals for our core cloud infrastructure, data infrastructure, developer operations, & common technology components.
- Oversee Mission-Critical Infrastructure: Be accountable for the systems that keep our cloud infrastructure running at a scale to support our business growth. Identifying & measuring SLAs, SLOs, & key ways to optimize work through automation.
- Organizational Standards: Design & implement consistent organizational processes, best practices, & clear engagement models across infrastructure engineering, technical product management, & your key stakeholder organizations.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Work jointly with stakeholders including department leaders from across the business & tech to ensure your team is aware of overall company strategy & its impact on our infrastructure. Manage through conflict, ensure alignment, & remove blockers from the team.
- IT Controls & Risk Management: Identify & address key risks to products, infrastructure, & implementations, implement & ensure manageable IT Controls, & maintain accountability for our infrastructure business continuity plans.
- Vendor Management: Work with vendors such as AWS, GCP, Splunk, Atlassian, & others to ensure successful partnership, delivery, & budget of PaaS, SaaS, & self-hosted solutions.
- Build vs Buy Analysis: Support your team in developing build vs buy analysis for a variety of tools & systems we support ensuring scalability of our organization while supporting business growth.
- Team Management: Hiring, mentoring, coaching & providing support to a team of Technical Product Managers.
- Customer Focus: Develop a deep understanding of & empathy for customer/user needs, facilitate communication such that users understand their relative priority & what they can expect from the infrastructure team at Oscar.
- Seasoned product manager with 5+ years leading large initiatives across infrastructure.
- Experience working with users that are of a highly technical background (e.g. software engineers, data scientists, system administrators).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence decision-making without direct managerial authority.
- Ability to distinguish opinion from fact with a data-driven approach.
- Strong technical knowledge of cloud technologies, cloud-native microservices architectures.
- Strong stakeholder & project management experience including the ability to manage projects, deadlines, & handle prioritization with competing pressures using Scrum or other Agile methodologies.
- Proven ability to manage the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) for products from ideation through sunset where scope may not be clearly defined & the problem space may shift.
- Previous management experience with direct or indirect responsibility for individuals.
- Ability to thrive with autonomy, & deal with regular ambiguity.
- Ability to motivate teams that do not report directly to you.
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification or knowledge to that level
- Experience working with Jira, Zendesk, Monday.com & other service, backlog, & project tracking tools.
- Previous management experience with 2-3 direct reports.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.