BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Come manage & help grow a technical team of IT professionals for Pure Storage. The IT Sr. Network Operations Manager is a key role that manages a global team of networking experts & interacts with all IT & Engineering functions to support an ever expanding technology footprint. Oversee & be the primary point of contact for all aspects of the corporate network including WAN, LAN, & Security. Youll provide oversight, visibility, escalation, & support while leading a small but highly focused team of IT professionals supporting our critical infrastructure & internal customers.
Managing a team of 6+ Technical experts providing IT Network Operations Support.
Manage a global IT Corporate WAN, LAN, & WiFi infrastructure.
Manage security on all IT Corporate Network infrastructure.
Manage new site networking requirements.
Architect & evolve the corporate network infrastructure.
Manage & evolve the monitoring & network automation tools.
Help grow the team & hire knowledgeable contributors.
Set priorities, goals & direction for the team.
Triage customer issues, take ownership, & set expectations for successful outcomes
Determine tools development roadmap, priorities, tasks, owners, & schedule.
Manage & participate in hiring, growth, & career development.
Track reliability metrics to adjust priorities & measure effectiveness of your team's efforts.
Participate in & manage on-call schedule, lead incident management & escalations.
Provide updates to Pure IT leadership.
Interact with global IT on critical calls & strategic meetings.
Assists in the planning & implementation of additions, deletions & major modifications to the supporting regional network infrastructure.
Implements network security policies as established by the corporate Security Director.
Oversees the administration & maintenance of the company's network infrastructure.
Interacts with internal clients on all levels to help resolve IT network related issues & provides answers in a timely manner.
Manages the purchasing of all networking hardware, software, & services.
Ensures that company assets are maintained responsibly.
Facilitates team meetings effectively.
What Youll Need To Bring To This Role:
- 5+ years of Management experience leading high performing network operations teams.
- 10+ years of experience in network administration / engineering.
- Experience with technical operations incident management.
- Experience with Juniper, Cisco, Arista, Aruba, & Palo Alto networking equipment.
- Knowledge of SD-WAN, MPLS / VPLS, IPSec, & Inter-collo Links.
- Working knowledge of network security, firewalls, ACLs, & network segmentation.
- Experience working with Datacenter resources & environments.
- Solid troubleshooting skills for network anomalies & outages.
- Knowledge of lighting up new sites with network services.
- Experience managing vendor relationships, renewals, POCs, & QORs.
- Experience troubleshooting Windows, Linux, Apple Mac client systems network issues.
- Experience working with SaaS vendors such as GMail, MS O365, Okta, Slack at a network level.
- Experience working with PaaS / Cloud vendors such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Proven excellent project management, interpersonal & communication skills. Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation & organizational skills.
- Focused & agile under pressure.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to communicate with highly technical teams as well as ability to simplify complex systems for non-technical audiences.
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.