Company Description|Job Description
Visa is one of the top 50 most admired brands in the world. It is recognized as a leading employer & can be found on the lists of: The World's Most Innovative Companies, The World's Most Respected Companies, The World's Most Ethical Companies, America's Best Employers & The World's Most Valuable Brands, to name a few.
Visa is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions & governments in more than 200 countries & territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates & fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds & access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier & helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions & products that deliver the convenience & security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Imagine yourself as part of Visa's Leadership College, a team that is making leadership & executive development a differentiator that will enable Visa's leaders to continue positioning the company for growth in the years to come. This affords you with a unique opportunity to work on some of the most highly visible initiatives inside one of the world's most valuable brands. The role will allow you to be creative, strategic & impactful. It will also test your ability to thrive under the pressure of intense expectations & a multitude of critical stakeholders, & ultimately be a rock star in a company where industry leadership is the norm.
The Leadership College is part of Visa University which under the leadership of our Chief Learning Officer constitutes an integral part of Visa's Strategy organization & reports to the Executive Vice President of Strategy.
We are a start-up within an established, successful global organization. We are a team of experts in our respective disciplines, but more importantly, we strive to harness our collective expertise in the most effective way for the benefit of learners. We combine rigor, data & subject matter expertise with intuition & common sense of what will be most effective for the business. We like to prototype, launch & evaluate. We are comfortable learning from our mistakes
- You are passionate about providing impactful learning experiences to leaders at all organizational levels globally
- You are both a thinker & a doer & can constantly switch between the two
- You are resilient & flexible - you perceive false starts, changing priorities & constructive feedback as opportunities, not setbacks
- You are curious & broad in your orientation: you are knowledgeable & up-to-date not only on what's current in leadership & executive development, but also like to understand the industry & business environment in which you operate
- You are service-oriented, & keep the learner experience front-and-center in everything you do
- You have a global mindset - you take genuine interest in other cultures, do not suffer from HQ syndrome, & embrace the need to operate with cultural norms & in time zones other than your own
- You are action-oriented & adept at dealing with ambiguity
With theguidanceof theSr. Director,Dean of LeadershipCollege, you will:
1. Manage the entire product development life-cycle for leadership development learning products that ensure the organization has the capabilities to compete in the future by:
- Usinghuman-centered design methodology to discover, synthesize & clearly articulate Visa leaders' development needs.
- Usingyour design expertise & breadth of knowledge of external leadership development resources to design, curate and/or buy-and customize-for-Visa the most impactful solutions. You will need to be adept both at designing programs yourself as well as providing strategic direction for work done by select external providers & Visa University designers. You will play a key role in scaling leadership development to maximize opportunities for all Visa leaders to benefit from impactful learning opportunities. You will be mindful of using modalities that work most effectively for engaging audiences at different levels of seniority, with an eye to balancing between global consistency & localization for region-specific needs.
- Setting a vision for & using your influencing skills to lead project teams established to ensure the leadership development products you oversee are not only superbly designed but also set up for effective launch & implementation.
2. Develop & grow key relationships: you will skillfully cultivate & grow key internal & external relationships. You will form & engage in productive partnerships with critical internal stakeholders - business leaders, regional heads of learning & HR business partners- to evangelize the work you do, sencure sponsorship & scale it effectively across the organization. You will also leverage & continue to grow your well-established network of external content providers/experts to ensure Visa's leadership development offerings leverage best-in-class thought leadership. You will be versatile in the work you do in the context of these internal & external relationships: from ensuring buy-in with a senior internal stakeholder, to negotiating a contract with an outside provider & everything in-between.
3. Improve & Grow Your Portfolio: you will have an opportunity to evolve existing learning solutions & launch new ones. You will leverage your strategic & critical thinking to articulate how the learning solutions you own can evolve into the future. Keeping in mind that the end goal is behavior change & business impact, you will devise strategies to ensure that learning sticks & business impact occurs. You will use your creativity & knowledge of adult learning methodology to design impactful mechanisms for post-program application of program content. You will launch & grow communities of learning to ensure learning occurs beyond the programmatic components. You will leverage the art-science balance to evaluate & constantly improve leadership development at Visa to make it even more impactful for Visa's leaders, & ultimately for Visa's business.
- 10 years of progressive experience defining & implementing successful leadership development solutions, preferably in a global corporate environment with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years ofexperience with an Advanced
- 12-15 years of progressive experience defining & implementing successful leadership development solutions, preferably in a global corporate environment with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree
- Extensive experience with designing & curating, both internally & with select external providers, impactful learning experiences for global audiences of leaders across organizational levels
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, executive presence & ability to clearly articulate complex concepts & evangelize a strategy to stakeholders
- Excellent project management, planning & organization skills, to lead a concept from inception to execution; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated learning agility with a variety of content areas & modalities: while you will rely on your experience, you will also need to master new content areas/ways of doing things quickly
- Strong business acumen, analytical & problem-solving skills
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires no travel
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.