Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Treasury Director to join our Finance team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service, healthcare, & insurance companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
About the role:
We are looking for a leader who will be responsible for building out a robust treasury function within the Finance team. This position will support Oscars growth initiatives & long-term strategy by effectively managing our cash/liquidity across the company as well as strategic thinking around the use of financial instruments (hybrid, letter of credit, convertible, etc). The candidate will have exposure to senior leaders across the finance, business, & strategy teams while gaining in-depth knowledge of the health insurance business. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead the development of the Treasury team
- Prepare & provide cash & liquidity updates to senior management on an ongoing basis
- Develop near-term & long-term cash/liquidity forecasts for the parent company
- Manage key treasury relationships & partner with legal to open new accounts
- Work with capital & risk management function to monitor capital levels & funding needs of regulated entities
- Help assess cash needs for strategic investments in conjunction with corporate development team
Must have qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years experience in Corporate Treasury role
- Basic understanding of investments, capital management, & US GAAP/STAT accounting
- Prior experience in healthcare or insurance industry preferred
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, & critical thinking skills to drive actionable results
- Ability to work effectively & efficiently in fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, & communication skills
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.