At Index Exchange, our online advertising exchange manages billions of transactions everyday. Hundreds of premium publishers bet their success on our reliability, security & performance. While Ops is a defined team, we believe that DevOps is a way of thinking & we are looking for candidates who can seamlessly work across our Engineering teams to bring complex & challenging projects to fruition. Reporting to the Operations Engineering Manager, we are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join Index Exchange & help us continue to refine & mature our Ops tool set & DevOps approach. You will be working in our Operations team to build tools in key areas such as server provisioning, continuous integration & deployment, monitoring, alerting, & container orchestration.
The ideal candidate will have experience in highly-available production systems. You will coordinate with Engineers to provide solutions. Weve gathered exceptional talent on this team & your ability to offer both guidance & technical expertise to enable the development of fellow team members is a huge plus.
Heres what we want:
- Facilitator: Its essential that you can relay information & ideas effectively both within & across different teams. While we place a huge premium on technical skill, we value just as much your ability to work with other people
- Adaptable: Our industry moves fast & we need you to keep up & adapt. Acting as a DevOps Engineer, you have the ability to prioritize tasks, often against competing scope & timelines
- Technical: A strong foundation in Operations, & experience in solving complex problems & building solutions (including CI/CD, real-time monitoring, production issues, etc.)
- Rigorous: We design & manage massive, globally distributed systems that handle billions of transactions a day - your approach & solutions need to be thorough, scalable & ironclad
Heres what youll be doing:
- Utilize your understanding of DevOps methodologies & design patterns to positively impact the development, deployment, & introspection processes
- Seize upon your experience & knowledge to help guide & mentor colleagues
- Write code in Go, Python, Bash, & Perl to create automation tools
- Build on your basic Ops tool kit including tech like Ansible, GitLab CI, Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, & Grafana
- Working with Big Data tools including Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, & HBase
- Troubleshoot & fix problems with build & deployment automation
Why youll love working here:
- Work out of our Engineering HQ in midtown Toronto
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication & collaboration
- Lunch catered in daily
- Flexible hours & a relaxed dress code
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) & milestone outings
- Full healthcare benefits, paid vacation, unlimited sick days, 5% RRSP matching, discounted gym memberships & more
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, & humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email IX.AllHumanResources@indexexchange.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).