Maintenance Technicians are responsible for the timely repair & preventative maintenance of plant equipment. Including filling machines, metal detectors, case erectors, packers, sealers, pasteurizers, motors & pumps & conveying equipment.
Qualified applicants must possess tangible experience in troubleshooting mechanical / electrical breakdowns in manufacturing production equipment. Technicians must follow all established safety, GMP`s & environmental standards. Adhere to all plant technical standards and company compliance with all federal, state, local & company regulations. FDA, EPA & SQF Certifications.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing & repairing mechanical & electrical systems
- Capable of identifying & correcting problems such as: electrical/control systems, (sensors, limit switches, solenoids, motors, Servos, PLC programming, PID loops, etc.) & mechanical systems (pumps, vacuum pumps, belt drives, gear reduction drives, piping, valve diagnosis & replacement, air handling systems, material delivery systems, etc.)
- Identify & implement safety & continuous improvements, equipment calibrations & reliability opportunities
- Ensure operation of machinery & mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on motors, motor control devices, pumps, conveyor systems, instrumentation, & all production equipment; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, & engineering specifications
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring & mechanical & electrical testing instruments
- Control downtime by informing operation workers of routine preventative maintenance & operation techniques; monitoring compliance & reporting to supervisor as necessary
- Provide mechanical maintenance & other general information as necessary to prevent equipment damage; answers question to related maintenance issues
- Fabricates repair parts or additions for process as necessary
- Serves as an "Expert" resource, providing training & assistance to Operations & other support groups
The requirements of this position include:
- 5-10 years of related experience required
- Associates degree, Technical School Certificate or Military training in one of the following disciplines: Electrical or Electronics Systems, Industrial Controls or Manufacturing Systems/Mechanical Systems
- Ability to use hand tools & knowledge of associated safety procedures
- Excellent written, verbal, & listening skills
- Mechanical aptitude, problem solving & analytical skills
- Ability to work with vendors, contractors, & company employees
- Ability to lift & carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders preferred
- Completion of an Industrial Maintenance vocational or technical school program
- Experience with Waste Water Treatment equipment
- Previous Sanitary Welding experience preferred
Since our founding 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, & accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America & the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives & strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work® for the last two years, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, & a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics & genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state & local laws.