Cloudbeds is a travel industry startup that works to make the world a more welcoming place. We make advanced cloud-based hospitality software for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals & groups that manages reservations & guests, distributes room availability, sells inventory, & collects payments. Our hundreds of team members are distributed across over 30 countries and, altogether, we speak 20+ languages. How do we do it? On a #remotefirst platform that allows every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe. Were looking for people who want to disrupt the travel industry & love to travel as much as we do.
As a Director of Engineering at Cloudbeds, you will lead a global engineering team to deliver best in class software solutions to hotel properties in 150 countries. Working closely with leadership, you will leverage your organizational design & management experience to scale engineering by joining best practices with Cloudbeds culture. Through your exceptional project management & communication skills, you will implement hiring, onboarding, training, career development, & performance management programs to promote technical excellence & a healthy environment. You will manage & mentor engineers & managers, fostering a culture of continuous improvement - Kaizen! As a Director of Engineering at Cloudbeds, you will be essential in achieving our goal to empower every hotel in the world to better connect with guests.
Location: United States (Remote)
What You Will Do:
- Lead & scale a rapidly growing, global engineering organization.
- Work with our recruiting team to hire top talent across the globe.
- Partner closely with leadership & product to deliver high-impact products.
- Develop, align, & guide department-wide initiatives promoting technical excellence, innovation, engagement, & diversity.
- Manage engineers & managers, driving a healthy & productive engineering organization.
- Promote excellent performance through onboarding, training, & career development programs.
- Partner with finance to manage the engineering budget.
- Establish effective & efficient engineering processes & policies.
Youll Succeed With:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- 15+ years experience in Software Engineering.
- 10+ years experience developing software, preferably SaaS.
- 10+ years experience managing software engineers & architects.
- 5+ years experience managing managers & multiple teams.
- A passion for solving complex customer challenges via agile product delivery.
- Extensive experience with organizational design, & leading & scaling global, multi-cultural teams.
- Excellent knowledge of SaaS software technologies & a passion for software best practices & design patterns.
- Excellent project management & organizational skills to drive initiatives within engineering & new product to customers.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, & decision making skills driving high-impact, rapid, & iterative change in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent business acumen, enabling collaboration with leadership & non-technical stakeholders on company-wide projects.
- Extensive experience managing budgets in a fast-paced & cost-efficient environment.
- Extensive experience working in agile software development environments.
- Excellent communication, documentation, & presentation skills.
Nice to Haves:
- Certified Agile Scrum Master and/or Product Owner Certification(s).
- Knowledge of PHP, Perl, NodeJS, Python, JS, Vue.js, React, MySQL, Redis, & SQS.
- Experience implementing cross-department incident escalation flows.
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket).
- Ability to speak multiple languages.
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open vacation policy & the opportunity to travel & work remotely with great people. We are also dedicated to your personal & professional development at Cloudbeds. You will have access to over 10,000 courses within LinkedIn Learning when you join our team for your individual growth! If you think you have the skills & passion, well give you the support & opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Deloittes North America Technology Fast 500 (2019)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018 & 2019)
- Inc. Best Places to Work (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Start-Ups to Watch in 2018 | Forbes
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)