Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology & design to revolutionize healthcare.
As a Product Manager, youll play a key role in helping Oscar solve problems & accelerating your teams execution. In this role, youll join our Platform product team, which is focused on building a unified, user-centric, & flexible platform to tackle complex problems across our core insurance business.
- Create the vision, strategy, & roadmap for future product investments across utilization management, risk adjustment, & ancillary claims platforms.
- Partner with engineering to ship functionality that delights users, has the right balance of impact vs engineering cost, & makes a measurable impact on the business
- Interact with internal & external stakeholders to identify problems & translate their needs into product requirements
- Enable knowledge sharing & best practices for the different needs throughout the organisation to level up our platform.
- Define a set of KPIs to measure business & operational impact, & be able to analyze them & utilize them in decision making processes.
You will report to a Group Product Manager in our NYC office.
- Comfortable with complex systems. You know how to analyze & decompose a complex system into its member parts, & how to communicate that complexity simply & cleanly.
- User-centric. You have a grasp of user experience & design with members, providers, internal users, & more in mind
- A researcher. You can think creatively about how to get the information you need to prove or disprove your hypothesis using user research or data (hard data skills like SQL a plus).
- An end-to-end thinker. You can look at a problem & create a solution all the way from top-level goals to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Empathetic. You understand other disciplines & bring everyone together using clear communication & strong structured thinking.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the healthcare experience better - we cant fix all of them at once! Where will you start & why?
- Collaborative. You love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, & other teams around you do their best work. You are always driving towards a decision.
- Experienced. You have worked directly with engineers in product management roles for 2+ years.
- Defining the business & user goals of a product team by identifying & prioritizing areas across our platform where the business can make a greater impact to achieve its goals.
- Work with engineers, designers & other company partners to create specs & implement features.
- Make sure your projects are progressing smoothly, while weighing the trade-offs among speed, scale-ability, simplicity, & quality.
- Produce insights from data & user research to help you identify potential improvements.
- Coordinate & organize work across multiple perspectives & functions within Oscar.
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience supporting large internal operational teams
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.