Design is essential to achieving Faires vision & our team is responsible for setting & delivering best-in-class design experiences.
As a Product Designer, you'll have the opportunity to shape new products from the ground up. Youll optimize our foundation of core products to drive the next phase of growth for our company. Youll bring best practices & experience that will improve workflows across our teams & evolve & strengthen our design systems & standards. Well trust you to champion customer needs & maintain a clear understanding of the business goals throughout the lifecycle of every project.
Were a small but mighty team in a high-growth company. Were looking for team members that excel across the entire product development lifecycle, come with a growth mindset, & a genuine curiosity & desire to learn about the wholesale, retail, & maker industries.
As A Product Designer You Will:
- Partner with product & engineering to execute against high-priority goals.
- Lead by example & bring best practices & design methodologies to the team.
- Learn from & contribute to the design teams process, systems, & culture.
- Demonstrate beautiful & functional visual & interaction design, typography, & hierarchy for our core website & other digital & physical touch points in the Faire ecosystem.
- Demonstrate proficiency & understanding of information architecture, complex user flows, engineering feasibility, & implementation trade-offs.
- Work with your design manager to define product & user requirements in collaboration with both product managers & engineers.
- Ensure work meets business goals, & is built effectively & efficiently, by getting feedback early & often from your manager & product manager & engineering partners.
- Conduct qualitative research & leverage quantitative analysis to inform design decisions & product strategies. Validate & test hypotheses with lightweight research conducted directly with makers & retailers.
- Define & work through complex end-to-end UX flows for all core & uncommon user scenarios & profiles.
- Quickly prototype new features or experiences to get feedback.
- Evolve & improve our design systems & standards.
- Clearly present & communicate concepts, designs, & prototypes to stakeholders.
- Adopt & and iterate on design processes that encourage collaboration between other designers & product teams.
- Positively shape the design teams culture through collaboration, feedback, & process iteration
- A strong design portfolio that exhibits an appreciation & understanding of design principles, an attention to detail, & a clear point of view.
- 3+ years working experienceideal past experience includes consumer-facing & B2B technology companies in the e-commerce, retail, & marketplace sectors.
- A bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) in a design discipline including: interaction design, information architecture, user interface design, UX, or graphic design.
- Thoughtful communication skills. You can present design decisions & processes openly, clearly, & confidently, regardless of the audience.
- A collaborative approach. You believe that product, design, & engineering decisions are inextricably linked & aim to be a great partner to other designers & stakeholders across the company. You respect & value others input & feedback.
- A growth-mindset. Youre open & receptive to feedback, & can adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment. Youre open to changing your opinion with new information or understanding of product goals. Youre willing to work outside your comfort zone & are excited about learning & growing to take your professional skills & career to the next level.
- Experience with user research is a plus as we grow & integrate research into our agile design practice.
- Experience designing across both web-based products & iOS applications.
- Experience & fluency with HTML & CSS
- Experience with Sketch, Figma, Abstract, Framer & other design software.
- Youre a maker or retailer yourself & bring first-hand experience & empathy for the small business & entrepreneurial journey.
- You bring a range of experience & inspiration from many creative influences such as architecture, fine art, & photography.
Faire is an innovative online marketplace that uses machine learning to match local retailers with the makers of products that uniquely fit their stores. We are using the power of technology to connect makers & boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 30,000 small business owners.
Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling. Its a way of life that offers people a level of autonomy & fulfillment thats become difficult to find elsewhere in our economy. Most of our customers have left behind jobs they hated to take a chance on themselves. We want to make sure their boldness & self-belief gets rewarded.
This mission also extends to the way we are building the company. Every member of our team is an owner of the business & taking part in the founding process.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.