To power critical decisions in healthcare with data science-driven technology
The Aetion Evidence Platform is the leading software solution for evaluating the safety, effectiveness & value of medications. We partner with global life sciences customers to improve time-to-market for medications, enhance market access, expedite interactions with the FDA, & contracts with payers. When partnering with payers, we identify precise therapies improve patient outcomes at lower cost. Our technology & team propel the transformation of health care into a value-based system built on trust of shared data-based evidence.
Aetion is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Technology Team. In this role, you will be responsible for translating business & functional requirements into concrete deliverables with the design, development, testing, & deployment of highly reliable, scalable, & secure services. As a member of a small, but rapidly expanding organization you will need to be able to cross boundaries easily & work collaboratively with highly effective individuals.
You will work on a technical stack which includes both cloud & on-premise deployments, big-data ingestion & analytics, distributed systems & algorithmic complexity. Some of the tools & technology we regularly use are Java, Spring Framework, micro-services, Linux, AWS Services, Big Data platforms (Spark, etc.).
- Designing, developing & maintaining core Aetion platform features & services
- Work on a full-stack rapid-cycle analytic application
- Responsible for developing highly performance & scalable components that are able to handle large amounts of data (10+ million patients)
- Help develop a distributed system with concurrent access & usage patterns
- Work closely with our product team & science team to understand the needs of our clients
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Solid background in algorithms, data structures, & object-oriented programming
- Proven experience delivering highly scalable, fault tolerant, supportable & customer facing solutions.
- Significant cloud platform experience, preferable with AWS
- Strong experience with Java, Unix & scripting skills
- Leadership with a vision Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS.
- Socialized & Energetic Offices We are in a new office with a modern layout, a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry Meetups & events.
- Ideal Location We are located in the heart of Manhattan with great views of the city, ample restaurants, cafes, bars, & shopping. Within walking distance of Grand Central & the beautiful Bryant Park, our office is easily accessible by mass transportation.
- Great Perks We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match & daily lunch provision.
- Aetion is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.