This position is located in Stamford, CT
Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, weve launched same-day delivery in 300+ markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling & processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master & we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
This Shift Lead drives Instacart's success inside our partnered grocery stores by leading a team of in-store staff to create & maintain the Instacart Experience for our customers. The shift lead provides guidance & oversight of in-store operations with direction from the Local Operations Teams to deliver perfect orders every time.
We need motivated & experienced leaders to help us deliver a magical experience to our amazing customers. Join us!
Team Building (60%)
- Welcome new team members
- Train new & current shoppers
- Encourage positive work environment
- Lead by example!
Assist with In-Store Operations (30%)
- Put our customers first by ensuring that orders are accurately & efficiently fulfilled
- Communicate effectively with the Instacart Operations Team regarding store & shopper relations
Partner/Customer Communications (5%)
- Maintain a strong & positive relationship with the management team at our partner stores through regular communication & feedback
Problem Solving (5%)
- Act quickly & respond to store, shopper or customer issues
- Brainstorm new process improvements
- Customer service & retail experience (2+ years)
- Experience working in diverse teams (1+ year)
- Strong motivational & leadership skills
- Ability to deliver customer service that exceeds customer needs
- Effective interpersonal & communication skills; organization, planning, & prioritization skills
- Qualified applicants must be able to do the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Lift up to 50 lbs regularly throughout shift
- Remain standing or walking, including up & down stairs, during shift
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK FRIDAY, SATURDAY, AND SUNDAY
- Talented & collaborative coworkers who will both push & support you
- Medical benefits & 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued sick time off
- Commuter Benefit