FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favourite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our Roster has a spot with your name on it
FanDuel Group is looking for an experienced Cloud Platform Engineers to work with the rest of the Data Platform team & help shaping & communicating best practice designs for our AWS cloud platform. The chosen candidate will act as a technical reference point & sounding board during large-scale data handling & processing projects. As our data is a key component of the business used by almost every facet of the company, including product development, marketing, operations, & finance. It is vital that we deliver robust solutions that ensure reliable access to data with a focus on quality & availability.
Our competitive edge comes from making decisions based on accurate & timely data & your work will provide access to that data across the whole company. Looking ahead to the next phase of our data platform we are keen to do more with real time data processing & working with our data scientists to create machine learning pipelines
Our engineering teams work in an agile environment, but its the autonomy & empowerment given to our teams thats the big difference. We utilise methods for delivery, quality & collective improvement that work for them, not a one size fits all approach.
THE GAME PLAN
- You take ownership of team architecture, providing a system-wide view & design guidance.
- You make things simpler.
- You write simple, exemplary code that motivates team write quality code & following best standards.
- You drive engineering engagement best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) & set standards.
- You work to resolve the root cause of endemic problems including areas where your team limits the innovation of other teams (bottlenecks). This may require you to influence software decisions made by other teams.
- When confronted with discordant views, you are able to find the best way forward & influence others to follow that path (build consensus).
- You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge & the engineering practices.
- You ensure your team is stronger because of your presence, but does not require your presence to be successful.
- Learn from others, & be a coach & mentor to other engineers, irrespective of experience.
- Guide continuous deployment as an active member of the development team.
- Reflect our values in day-to-day working.
What were looking for in our next teammate
- You will architect, shape & communicate best practice designs for our AWS Cloud platform.
- Promote this architecture within the wider community & refine as required.
- Act as a technical reference point & sounding board for AWS topics.
- Facilitate internal communications between communities, shape what good looks like
- Work across different teams of engineers, working to deliver technology solutions to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Your team owns multiple technology systems, & you will own the day-to-day management of those systems, where you are accountable to the software quality, & system maintenance.
- You hold a passion for building highly scalable & available backend systems with our teams of Software & Data Engineers.
- You have the ability to identify data driven insights, deliverables, gaps & inconsistencies.
- You have gained knowledge & hands-on experience working on other well architected cloud solutions, feel comfortable delivering incremental value using Infrastructure-as-Code & a solid understanding of CI/CD pipelines.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.