Proudly Farmers First!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation & technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network (FBN)!
FBN was created by farmers for farmers & is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce & community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability & sustainability of family farms & rural communities.
We are a dynamic, & innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation & benefits & is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price & Temasek.
We are seeking solutions driven individuals to manage the daily transportation planning & operations for our rapidly grown logistics network. Working directly with our carriers, our Customer Experience team & our operations teams this individual will be responsible for working within our TMS to create optimized transportation plans on a daily basis & then proactively manage the execution of those plans across our First, Middle & Last Mile activities. The right individual will have a strong sense of ownership & appropriate urgency in solving transportation issues while maintaining & building a strong sense of partnership with our carriers.
- Working with our TMS SMEs to run transportation optimization capabilities to develop daily & weekly transportation plans & communicate those to our transportation partners.
- Oversee the daily execution of transportation moves across First, Middle & Last Mile to ensure timely pickup & delivery of inventory & orders.
- Work with our Customer Experience & operations teams to resolve transportation issues in real time.
- Work with Carrier Procurement to develop carrier performance reporting & identify & resolve common root cause defects.
Formal Education or Equivalent
- 4 year degree with a Supply Chain focus preferred.
Years of Experience
- 1-5 years with hands-on Transportation management or management of operational 3rd parties.
- Passionate about building world class networks that put the customer first
- Comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment - working with ambiguity & being hands on.
- Understand transportation basics such as Hours of Service.
- Strong ownership & solution minded operator
- Stays cool under pressure & manages outside partners with respect
- Highly independent, goal-oriented & solution driven
- Strong verbal & written communication skills & the ability to influence without authority
- Ability to work well within time constraints, able to effectively prioritize in a high demand environment within multiple locations
- Must be able to travel ~20% of the time
Location: Relocation to Chicago is preferred, but is not a must have at this time.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation & title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience & qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, & dental insurance.