Brex is building the new global standard for financial services, starting with corporate cards. We are designing the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features & a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms & industry veterans such as Peter Thiel & Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, & were looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board. As a finance data analyst, you will leverage your analytical skills to research, solve & report on business problems using large data sets, driving the direction of the company. Based in San Francisco, our team is committed to creating a driven & diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds.
We are looking for people with a background in manipulating & analyzing complex data sets, reporting results & communicating effectively with internal stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds, roles, & needs. You should be technically inclined & interested in learning how data can drive new business metrics to improve company performance. We encourage growth either in more technical business & performance analytics as well as financial reporting & forecast modeling.
- Clean, manipulate & analyze large, complex data sets, spanning a wide variety of sources.
- Provide Analytical support to the finance, accounting & marketing teams.
- Drive the direction of the company through a mix of meticulous research & creativity.
- Research & recommend actionable solutions to nebulous business problems based on often unclean data.
- Generate & maintain reports & dashboards for internal business functions.
- Reconcile crucial data integrity issues.
- Communicate analysis results to key executives including Founders, CEO, & CFO with concise & effective storytelling.
- Inform our data science & data engineering teams of broader business needs.
What We Value
- 4-year accredited undergraduate degree with STEM, Economics, Finance, or Accounting background.
- Experience with SQL to pull, join & explore data generated by many disparate sources.
- Ability to tackle issues independently & lead projects.
- Strong communication skills & have worked with different business functions.
- High attention to detail & drive to relentlessly chase down data integrity issues to their root cause.
- Python & R are a plus.