AccuWeather is seeking an innovative Product Manager to help drive strategy & deliver Smart Platforms applications focusing on: IoT, messaging apps, voicebots, virtual assistant, & chatbots. Also, to help enable all our product offerings to leverage the full capabilities of AI for delivering insightful & personalized experiences for our customers. Reporting to the Director, Systems Product, this position is joining an expanding team whose focus is to transform the existing suite of products used by more than 300 million consumers worldwide, as well as lead the next generation of innovative product development.
Were looking for an individual who is passionate about helping shape the strategic & tactical product roadmap at a dynamic growing company, working closely with a world-class engineering & product & design team to deliver game-changing products, & interacting cross-functionally & directly with diverse stakeholders in order to understand production adoption & drive continuous product improvements
The Product Manager will join a high performing team that prides itself on collaboration; both amongst itself, as well as with internal stakeholders across the company including product manager peers, technology, design, marketing, & sales. Its essential you have exceptional communication & a desire to be collaborative & consensus building too. You will have the opportunity to help chart our AI strategy by working with our stakeholders to define the problems we are solving with AI
If you have a passion for science, technology, & leveraging big data, as well as an outstanding track record, this is the role for you. The position is based in New York City or State College, Pennsylvania. Travel will be required.
What You'll Be Doing
- Define, articulate & champion a vision for specific products within the portfolio as prescribed by the leadership team; this will vary quarter-to-quarter subject to company priorities
- Corral & organize experts from business lines, data scientists, & engineers to create shared goals & specs for Smart Platforms products
- Perform gap analysis on existing data. Identify new data sources
- Define crystal clear, measurable & realistic KPIs for short & long-term results of the products you lead
- Contribute to the product roadmap for the AccuWeather portfolio & help with prioritization decisions by collaborating with peers & scoping ROI metrics that support your argument
- Clearly articulate the features required to meet your specific product needs; from enhancements to core components such as API, mapping, forecasting or ad products through to ideation involving cutting-edge services that leverage AI & connected ecosystems
- Translate your product roadmap into prioritized user stories & detailed specs
- Identify new customer & market segments for revenue growth
- Rigorously develop business cases with quantifiable KPIs & ROI
- Maintain exceptional relationships with key business stakeholders through communication, collaboration & evangelism
- Maintain a deep understanding of consumer behaviors, the competitive landscape & technology trends to inform the strategies adopted by AccuWeather
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- Savvy & creative thinker. Exceptional communicator.
- Consensus builder & collaborator. Team player. Fun.
- Entrepreneurial nature. Nimble. Ability to react quickly within a dynamic environment.
- Be curious & globally oriented. A digital native. Social.
- Metric driven.
Experience We Are Looking For
- Bachelors degree with 4-5 years' experience in product management & strategy; equivalent combination of education & experience. Graduate degree preferred
- Prior technical product experience, strong background in building or working with APIs is a strong plus
- Experience in virtual reality (VR) / augmented reality (AR) is a strong plus
- Strong background in two or more areas: natural language processing (NLP), enterprise search / question answering, speech-to-text, machine learning, & artificial intelligence (AI)
- Extraordinary written & oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions & functional deep dives with engineering
- Experience working within the Scrum and/or Kanban framework & familiarity with cutting edge product management tools
- Understanding of how you are to translate complex data sets into intuitive product experiences
- Experience transforming product strategy into well-articulated design specs, as well as using both quantitative & qualitative data to inform product direction & priorities
- Ability to interact & communicate effectively with teams of all levels & backgrounds problems
- Highly creative, with ability to work within practical boundaries
- Flexibility & adaptability to rapidly changing environment
- Travel between New York City, NY & State College, Pennsylvania required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity & inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging & profitable.