Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
As the standard platform for millions of meetups around the world, engineers at Meetup have to build & iterate at a fast pace to deliver the user experience that organizers & members need to manage & engage with their real-life communities. Our ideas become experiments, successful experiments become features at scale, & features drive even more usage of our platform & increase the need for scalability & reliability.
The Developer Platform team is responsible for building, maintaining, & supporting systems, processes, tools, documentation, & standards focused on making engineers more productive when building within Meetup's Service-Oriented Architecture. We are quickly moving from a monolithic legacy system to microservices built using Serverless architectures, specifically the AWS Lambda ecosystem.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team.
You're our ideal team member if you:
- Have 5+ years' experience in building scalable & reliable back-end services & Internet-facing APIs
- Have knowledge & experience in Architecture & patterns for resilient distributed systems, such as Circuit Breakers, Timeouts, Service Discovery, Distributed Tracing/Debugging, etc.
- Have experience building production systems that are observable.
- Have experience in multiple different technologies, protocols, & architecture styles for RPC, such as REST, gRPC, GraphQL, HTTP+JSON, Thrift, Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Have experience with cloud computing services such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Have experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation, & Ansible
- Love writing quality code driven by tests, & leaving the code base better than how you found it
- Have successfully mentored engineers in your team
Learn more about Meetups engineering principles: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Our team is bold, supportive, & passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, & building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?