Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a motivated Public Relations Intern to join the Marketing team this summer. This intern will have the opportunity to learn the rudimentary ins & outs of Public Relations & Brand Communications for a company that disrupted the mattress industry as a DTC pioneer. You will gain an understanding for best practices in organization, pitching press, relationship building, managing an external PR agency, & conceptualizing/executing relevant brand moments to generate buzz & brand awareness. Youll also have the hands-on opportunity to partner cross-functionally with teams throughout the organization to gain exposure to a multitude of operations. The ideal candidate is a proactive contributor & highly organized. This is a hybrid role, working an average of up to 3 days per week based at our spacious 3 World Trade Center office.
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep productsincluding mattresses, pillows, bedding, & furnituredesigned in-house by the Companys award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns & operates Sleep Shops across North America & its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally
Casper Summer Internship program runs June 6 - August 12, 2022.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do:
- Support PR team with day-to-day press inquiries & media product requests
- Coordinate media sample requests & oversee product tracking
- Join internal & external calls with the team, preparing agendas & taking notes
- Assist in the execution of press, consumer, & experiential events
- Research appropriate media and/or external brand contacts on behalf of the team
- Assist in creating recaps & reports on behalf of the team
- Leverage resources to measure & track communications results
- Identify & manage emerging PR opportunities, including areas such unique pitch angles, brand partnerships, relevant cultural moments, & influencer/celebrity engagement
- Actively participate in team brainstorming sessions
- Assist in managing a comprehensive PR library & database of resources (press page, fact sheets, etc.)
- Support with invoice/expense management
Our dream candidate is
- Working toward an undergraduate degree in Public Relations, Communications, or Marketing (Junior/Senior Undergraduate level preferred)
- Previous internship experience in Public Relations is a plus
- Excellent writing skills, ability to write & edit communications materials
- Extremely organized & detail oriented! Can manage multiple things at once & are structured about your work
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience in a build, high growth/high change environment; fast paced; shifting priorities; hands-on keyboard
- Professional, warm, thoughtful, engaging
- Strong organizational & project management skills
- Demonstrated skill at tailoring content for unique audiences
- A collaborative nature, aptitude for bringing people together, a strong work ethic
- High energy, positive & optimistic; by nature, a why dont we. person
- Keen attention to detail & analytical skills
- Great listener
- Basic knowledge of computers, Google Drive applications, writing software, emails
- Proactive approach to work, you like to solve problems & dont wait for someone to give you the answer
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!
Pursuant to the Companys COVID-19 mitigation protocols, individuals must show documented proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment, subject to applicable state & local laws & legally required exemptions, including a medical condition, disability or sincerely-held religious belief. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to the vaccination requirement in accordance with applicable law.