We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That's why we built the world's leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing & sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries & new products. We're working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We've raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, & SoftBank.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated development Scientist to help test & validate novel technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful & meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Scientist in the Technology Development Team, you will work with members within the team & interface with multiple teams including process engineering, clinical operations, research operations, & bioinformatics. You will be hands on in the lab & be required to design, implement, & validate new technologies related to liquid biopsy sequencing assays for the early detection, treatment, & monitoring of all cancer types.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work in a team environment & independently to develop, test & improve sample isolation & preparation technologies for rare variant studies in circulating cell free nucleic acids with next-generation sequencing
- Think creatively & apply knowledge to design experiments & analyze data for NGS applications in oncology diagnostics
- Be highly committed & deliver results in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Transfer new technologies into production environments, write supporting documentation.
- Support troubleshooting activities within the clinical lab with support for ongoing technologies after they are transferred
- 8-12 years of experience in genomics or molecular biology field
- Comprehensive knowledge of nucleic acid sample isolation, preparation & NGS sequencing technologies
- Strong background in biochemistry, molecular biology, & working knowledge of genomics
- Experience in development or optimization of nucleic acid technologies with a strong preference related to sequencing-based genomic assays, especially utilizing circulating cell-free nucleic acids
- Deep technical knowledge of NGS library preparation, target enrichment, & rigorous product development practices
- Experience with bioinformatics analysis of NGS data
- Experience with liquid handling platforms is a plus
- Excellent interdisciplinary communication skills required
- Good organization skills, & detailed orientated
- Self-driven & strong team player with proven track record
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacyNotice for Job Applicants.