About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors & built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable & high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. Weve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - & we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build & scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
As a Planner on our fashion team, you will be responsible for creating, operationalizing & maintaining inventory plans. You will be accountable for maintaining & driving optimal inventory levels by category & channel to maximize revenue. You will report to the Planning Director & work cross-functionally with Buyers, Site Merchandising, Operations, & Finance. The ideal candidate is curious, comfortable working with complex data & energized by having a direct impact on growth.
This role will be responsible for several key company initiatives across inventory planning, including:
- Create pre-season plans & in-season forecasts that support our subscription inventory needs
- Analyze inventory performance & regularly communicate findings to cross-functional stakeholders (Operations, Product Management, Marketing, Finance etc.)
- Partner closely with the Product Development team to provide guidance on future buys
- Participate as a valued partner with the Buying, Site Merchandising, Operations, Finance, & Analytics teams
- Perform ad-hoc analysis based on historical performance, product attributes & customer attributes in all inventory consumption channels: rental, purchases, & retail
- Ownership of inventory performance reporting, forecasting, & the budgeting process across critical revenue channels
- Bachelors degree, preferably in a quantitative field
- 4-7 years of experience in Planning and/or Buying
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with SQL & Tableau preferred
- Strong understanding of financial metrics & concepts
- Possess strong planning & organizational skills
- Comfortable making decisions & recommendations grounded in data
- Ability to troubleshoot & resolve inventory issues through objective analysis & planning
- Ability to work with limited resources & collaborate cross-functionally with different departments
- Ability to handle many projects simultaneously & effectively prioritize across a diverse workload with strong project management skills/discipline to meet set deadlines