Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates transformation where its needed most. Through our intensive software developer training program, we teach high-need, high-potential adults the technical skills & industry smarts needed to get their first tech jobs, advance in their careers, & become the next generation of leaders in tech. In addition to training & career support, Pursuits innovative operating model combines partnerships with tech companies to retrain their blue-collar workers & social impact investments to re-envision funding for outcomes-based organizations.
At Pursuit, all employees have the opportunity to make a profound, positive social impact. We are building a dynamic, impactful, ambitious, brilliant, hard-working team to achieve our goals & support our expansion, & looking for a Content & Communications Manager to join our team.
About the Role
As the Content & Communications Manager youll be tasked with telling the myriad stories of Pursuit across multiple digital platforms. Youll own the editorial calendar, creating compelling, informative, & inspiring written, visual, & video content. Youll drive community engagement with Fellows, alumni, funders & employer partners, & seek to expand our community through marketing campaigns.
- You love telling stories, & can make data-driven decisions on what content is resonating & what to create more of
- You have a deep connection to our mission, & know our Fellows stories need to be told because they are powerful & inspiring
- You thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, & enjoy taking on new marketing challenges
- Develop, manage, & execute on an organization-wide content strategy across our various stakeholders, including staff, Fellows, Board, & general public
- Develop & drive our content calendar, communications, & social media including internal & external newsletters, blogs, & marketing materials
- Act as our internal reporter by attending & sometimes organizing various events, & documenting them to share both internally & externally
- Define & lead our voice & brand
- Write, edit, & proofread cross-org content, including digital assets, social media, scripts, & other content as needed
- Manage content distribution to online channels & social media platforms
- Work closely with our Fellows, employer partners, & other key stakeholders
- Leverage, reuse, & repurpose existing high-performance assets to increase reach & visibility
- Ensure created content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality & tone of voice. Be a steward of best practices in messaging, grammar, writing, & style.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a content marketing role, preferably in a mission-driven organization and/or startup environment
- Experience using data insights as a differentiator in external marketing materials
- Experience with content management, analytics, & social media tools, including Squarespace & Google Analytics
- Strong writer & editor with ability to write for various audiences
Nice to haves:
- Employer brand marketing experience
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, & web publishing
- Video creation, editing experience
To apply, please include a portfolio of writing samples, video creations, etc.
Our office is located in Long Island City, NY but we are currently fully remote due to Coronavirus. We plan on returning to the office once it is safe to do so, & strongly prefer this role to be onsite when we do.
In addition to competitive compensation, we are happy to provide employees with a range of benefits. Our offerings include premium health, dental, & vision insurance, flexible paid time off, & robust 401k matching.
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds & experiences, & we value the richness that diversity brings to our organization. We welcome new perspectives & affirm that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer.
More about us:
Our graduates are hired by leading companies like Pinterest, Kickstarter, LinkedIn, BlackRock, & JPMorgan Chase, & increase their average annual salaries from $18,000 to over $85,000. By connecting talent with opportunity, Pursuit empowers graduates to transform their families, tech companies, & communities across the nation. Read about our work in the New York Times: Income Before: $18,000. After: $85,000. Does Tiny Nonprofit Hold a Key to the Middle Class?
At Pursuit, we operate as One Big Team, supporting one another & ensuring that everyone from staff to funders to board members & volunteers are aligned in our efforts to bring transformation to our community. Our values - Giving our All, Delivering Outcomes, & Data Driven, Human Judgement - underscore everything we do
You can find more information on our mission, values & history on our website, Pursuit.org.