Were looking forBuyer, Bedding & Bath
The Buyer for Bedding & Bath will be responsible for selection expansion including identifying potential brands & product business opportunities, building direct relationships with key suppliers, negotiating contracts, terms & conditions, working with brands to build comprehensive selection, setting prices, developing collaborative marketing & promotions, driving sales & margin improvements. The right candidate stays on top of industry & competitive trends & can execute at both a tactical & strategic level to drive selection, sales, & margin growth.
What youll accomplish
- Drive sales, meet goals & deliver margin improvements
- Successful selection in identifying potential brand & product business opportunities.
- Open big to small brands directly, to plan impactful events to grow the business
- Build direct relationships with key suppliers, vetting prospects, negotiating contracts, terms & conditions.
- Consistently manage brand setup & new item setup processes.
- Work with brands to build comprehensive selection, setting prices & developing marketing promotions.
- Drive sales, meet goals & deliver margin improvements.
- Proven analytical thinking around trends, sales, inventory & turn.
- Analyze brand & category data to optimize performance & improve future decision making.
- Work cross functionally with Marketing, AP, Programming, Planning & Production teams to ensure products are properly merchandised & all pertinent information is included to maximize sale potential.
In return for these accomplishments the following will be provided
- The opportunity to make an enormous impact on company growth as well as gain exposure to top management.
- The chance to bring innovation & extreme knowledge of the Contemporary space to concept ideas & bring new brands to the existing business.
- 7+ years of experience in retail or e-commerce
- 1+ year of experience as a Buyer
- Previous category knowledge in Bedding & bath is a plus
- Ability to manage a highly visible business
- Strong vendor relationships in the market
- Proven experience managing an OTB, & competent in inventory control
- Creative an innovative approach to business
Rue Gilt Groupe is the premier off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting more than 20 million members with coveted designers at an exceptional value. Two complementary brands, Rue La La & Gilt, utilize world-class merchandising, technology & marketing to strategically support our brand partners & inspire members daily. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping & the best-in-class experience that today's customers demand.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, & selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.