Video accounts for some 80% of todays global Internet traffic. Vimeos Video hosting stack enables high quality experience to our creators & viewers. The mission of this team is to architect & deploy innovative solutions to save costs without negatively impacting Video QoE (Quality of Experience). These goals are achieved by understanding product features (old, new, & future) & identifying architectural inefficiencies & potential optimizations. The successful candidate will have worked on large scale distributed systems & has developed end to end solutions, including building alerting & data visualization tools.
What youll do:
- Collaborate with Product & Engineering teams to optimize hosting operations
- Drive technical & architectural planning
- Implement & deploy the solutions
- Help build trust between the teams & stakeholders, & automate early detection of potential changes that could impact the business
- Promote a data-driven strategy for making decisions
- Propose ideas & test new solutions to improve the quality & performance of the system
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Expertise in one or more programming languages (Go, Python, Node.js) & the ability to pick up new programming languages as needed
- Experience with one or more cloud platforms (GCP or AWS)
- Familiarity with one or more CDNs
- Familiarity with concurrent, parallel, & distributed computing
- Experience with Linux systems & shell scripting
- Experience in Container Technologies (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Basic competence with SQL
- Solid CS background: algorithms & data structures, application of complexity theory, ability to formulate trade offs based on the problem youre trying to solve
- 4+ years building backend solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Experience in Big Data Technologies (BigQuery, Snowflake, Kafka, Spark, Druid, DataFlow, DataProc)
- Experience in delivering end to end video workflows
- Experience in Data Science & Machine Learning
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 175 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 600 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.