Working at Bitfury:
Bitfury is a leading emerging technologies company. At Bitfury, you can build the solutions of the future, with the most significant technologies of the millennium, in a modern & flexible workplace. We work a bit faster, & a bit smarter, so we can make the world a bit better.
Benefits of Working at Bitfury:
International Experiences & Global Impacts
Bitfury is an international company with 200+ team members in more than 16 countries. No matter your assignment, your work will support global technology initiatives & best-in-class security operations in North America, Asia & Europe, as well as help us fulfil our mission to make the world more trusted & secure.
Building the Future
We believe big data, artificial intelligence, blockchain technology, tokenized economies & cryptocurrencies are the future of our digital, global economy. Bitfury is building this future through our products that offer digitised security, asset management, government services & more. We consider ourselves first & foremost a technology company. We are a diversified organisation, with operations across multiple facets of the AI, blockchain, & digital currency sectors. If you are passionate about emerging technologies, you can build your future at Bitfury.
Accelerate Your Career
Bitfury is growing fast & looking for the next generation of leaders & entrepreneurs to help us. At Bitfury, you will be expected to create the future not just execute it. If you are a self-starter, driven & collaborative team member, you can create a dynamic future for yourself & your career at Bitfury.
Modern Workplace with Intelligent Flexibility
Bitfury lets you work in the way you need to work to make your work faster, smarter & better. We will give you the resources you need to succeed competitive pay & benefits, educational support, intellectual challenges, professional advancement, personal accommodations including remote work, & more. We pride ourselves on being less bureaucratic & a lot more impactful.
Start-up Culture with Established Results
Working with the worlds leading experts & engineers, you will have the opportunity at Bitfury to pursue results that will power your success as well as lead to the adoption of game-changing technologies. Our teams work every day to make the impossible possible, to change the game, to be agile & effective, & most of all to empower the rest of the world to do the same.
Personal & Professional Characteristics
We at Bitfury ensure our team members possess the ability to think out of the box & make the impossible possible. We are self-motivated & result-oriented, & we have an owner of the company mindset. We are constantly self-educating & developing. We are able to work in a team & collaborate. We have a do good mindset & are not afraid to dream big. And of course, we always deliver in time what we promised & with extreme attention to detail because if we are not able to do the little things right, we will never be able to do big things right.
We are seeking a driven, well-rounded leader who will spearhead our ASIC development division as well as products based on our chip. The successful candidate should have a clear technical & product vision of developing our fully vertically integrated technology stack from ASIC design to data centers design to create the most efficient & groundbreaking product on the market. The focus will be on ASIC design & systems design based on our ASICs.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Develop strategy on companys products, technology infrastructure, vision & goals.
- Create & drive a 90 day / 12 month / 3-year technology plan to develop the next generation of technology products optimized on every level of tech stack to achieve best in class cost efficiency & reliability parameters.
- Matrix-manage the group resources & activities to ensure successful execution of short & long terms plans:
- ASIC/PCB/Server/Data Center engineering;
- Patent development;
- Product development.
- Develop operations, policies, procedures & assess company technology assets to ensure efficient product delivery.
- Work with our patent team & the legal department to maximize the patent portfolio.
- Analyse & understand technical requirements for projects & products.
- Drive projects from concept to full implementation at scale.
- Research & evaluate new technology & provide recommendations on technology solutions improvement.
- Define qualitative & quantitative operational success metrics for R&D department.
- Plan & manage risks & issues.
- Partner with a variety of business & technology stakeholders within Bitfury & with third parties.
- Manage silicon fabs relationships on R&D matters.
- Develop budgets, ensure cost effective sourcing & management of internal & external suppliers & drive commercial contract terms definition.
- Provide direction & leadership towards the achievement of the company's mission & goals.
- Global experience in management of all technology-related staff, consultants, & 3rd party in a public (and private) company.
- Degree in computer science, physics, electronics, robotics, or related fields.
- Proven experience of technical strategy creation with tangible outcomes like proof of concepts, cutting edge developments & applications in the semiconductor/electronics space.
- Experience in or an understanding of the bitcoin/blockchain technologies would be a strong advantage.
- Proven experience with success record in managing ASIC chip development teams, including development using cutting edge tech like 7nm & beyond as well as custom analog design.
- Proven experience in handling hardware product design & development from scratch to the mass production.
- Strong understanding of mass production process, manufacturing, quality control etc.
- Proven connections with key semiconductor industry players (Samsung, TSMC).
- Ability to look several steps ahead of market trends.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Experience of success in matrix group environment.
- Analytical out of the box thinking & with innovative approaches.
- Strong complex problem-solving skills.
- Leadership with no ego, strong social influence, & emotional intelligence; ability to set-up a team & set clear priorities, delegate, persuade & inspire people. Readiness to be hands-on.
- Ability to see & understand all details of the products across all levels of the development & execution stack from top down (30,000 feet view high level) to bottom up (very detailed hands-on).
- Ability to simplify complexity, prioritise what matters & execute at fast changing environment;
- Entrepreneurial DNA, guided by Integrity & Honesty. DNAof Doing Good, Being a Team Player & Making Impossible Possible; Out of the box thinker with agile approach.
- Proven experience in team management, including top talent, managers, engineers etc.
- Flexible thinking, resilience & stress tolerance.