Tribeca is a diversified media & entertainment company that owns the world-renowned Tribeca Film Festival, as well as a series of Tribeca-branded platforms, including Tribeca Studiosan original content development group that works with brands to tell award-winning stories from 9 seconds to 90 minutes.
Tribeca is more than a festival. It is an institution. Where community meets culture. A home for creative expression grounded in social change. If you are passionate, innately curious & strive to work with a team that empowers ideas & encourages questions, we want to hear from you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The VP, Marketing & Communications is responsible for providing strategic leadership for all communications within Tribeca Enterprises. Working in conjunction with the CEO as well as the Executive Team & outside vendors & resources, the VP, Marketing & Communications will help cultivate an environment & process that leads to the best expression of the Tribeca brand, our product & our partnerships while driving revenue.
In this role the VP, Marketing & Communications will collaborate with all relevant internal departments & partner closely with the CEO to continue to help develop the Tribeca Enterprises brand & bring continued success to our Festivals & events.
Our ideal candidate will be innovative, self-driven & collaborative. You will know the important distinction between pushing internally for a marketing campaign while maintaining a clear eye on budget. We are a small organization with a big brand. You will be able to roll up your sleeves to get the job done while managing a team that has been through several Festivals. You will have the unique ability to get media contacts on the phone while simultaneously managing Festival teams & agencies.
This is a pivotal role that can transform the way our brand is viewed globally. Its an opportunity to work with a forward-thinking CEO & Executive Team fully entrenched & experienced with its brand while bringing a unique set of skills & experiences. If you are someone that has a wide breadth of strengths, from encouraging ideas & motivating departments to pushing for the best vision of the Tribeca brand, this is the role for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Marketing, Public Relations, Communications
- Direct & manage overall public relations, marketing initiatives & communication strategies year-round including, but not limited to, Corporate, Executive & Brand Positioning, Tribeca Film Festival & Events, & Tribeca Studios
- Develop, manage & implement communications & marketing budgets in coordination with Finance & Operations Teams
- Oversee the creation, distribution & approval processes of all communications & marketing materials including, but not limited to, press releases, media alerts & social posts
- Coordinate with external agencies & vendors as needed; including, but not limited to advertising & design agencies & marketing campaigns
- Liaise with internal Tribeca Teams to support Department & Corporate initiatives through communications & marketing:
- Programming: Support key films, events, industry & alumni activities
- Operations: Leverage press & media to drive ticket sales
- Partnerships: Integrate larger sponsor-driven press campaigns into owned channels
- Manage on-site media relations & media-partner integrations at Festival & year-round events, ex: media suites, press rooms, red carpets at top-tier events
- Working closely with the CEO, COO & the Partnership Team, develop media partnerships to promote & amplify Festival & year-round events based on marketing, press & ticket sales goals
- Partnering closely with the Executive Team, create an in-house brand voice, messaging guidelines & brand values that align with the Tribeca audiences including, Consumer, Industry, Brand & B2B
- Develop & manage a corporate communications strategy that includes executive positioning, press & speaking opportunities for the Executive Team
- Strategically position Tribeca on all platforms & media, utilizing in-house team, including the Tribeca website, social channels & marketing & media assets
- Alongside the Executive Team, help articulate & implement KPIs across marketing & communications departments to drive accountability & alignment
- Oversee communications & marketing teams, including full-time & seasonal Film Festival hires including, Public Relations Managers/Directors, Marketing & Social, Web & Technology
- 10+ years with proven achievements in Marketing, Communications, and/or Social platforms that brought ROI to the organization
- 8+ years in Public Relations or equivalent experience
- 4+ years leadership experience, including department management of teams in either public relations, marketing, social, creative and/or design
- Strong communication skills is an understatement
- A deep understanding of marketing, from social media platforms & user behavior to brand storytelling & public relations
- Experience working in live events & media is a huge plus