The best sales organizations achieve the most when they are selling outstanding products, solutions, & services backed by an extraordinary company. Thats what you get when youre part of selling for Appian. We are passionate about driving digital transformation by bringing Appian solutions that provide speed, agility, & efficiency needed to compete & grow. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference here. Join our team, where you can not only grow your career, but share the success of an industry pioneer.
The Solutions Owner for State & Local Government (SLG) Solutions is responsible for leading & managing a variety of large, complex projects spanning multiple work streams within the Appian Solutions organization. Initial focus areas include acquisition/procurement & case management use cases in the state & local sector. This individual will be able to add value to our current initiatives quickly & develop a strategy to expand. This is a highly strategic role within Appian which will develop over time based on the current/future needs of the business. The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of product strategy, business, & technology acumen, operations & leadership experience, big-picture strategic thinking, influencing skills & ability to collaborate effectively with many constituents across the company. You will guide the collective team to creating industry leading differentiating feature sets across Appian state & local public sector solutions.
To be successful in this role you need:
- Ability to track marketplace intelligence trends, competition etc. to provide market leading perspectives, emerging trends, tools & techniques that can be effectively utilized to develop & promote Appian state & local solutions.
- A blend of product strategy, business & technology acumen & ability to collaborate with many constituents across the company.
- Experience creating & Executing GTM plans aligned with long-range & annual goals within the state & local solution portfolio.
- Ability to serve as the intake & arbiter of new solutions offerings as well as features, functions, & capabilities for existing solutions.
- Experience working in close collaboration & facilitating handoffs from Product Group/Engineering Solution Teams to the GTM Teams.
- Strong technical state & local software knowledge -- pricing, coverages, structure, risk profile.
- Experience with SLG procurement and/or eProcurement solutions & SLG case management use cases also strongly preferred.
- Background launching digital solutions with a focus on creating new features & solutions driving digital transformation.
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Growth: Growth opportunities available through promotion & participation in different programs like Appian MBA, a development program devoted to shaping managers in the areas of leadership & communication.
- Training: Start with Value, which is our 2 week training program focused on equipping our sales new hires with the skills & knowledge needed to be successful out in the field.
- Product: Our Appian product is driving digital transformation & with our Appian Guarantee, our customers can even have their first project completed in just 8 weeks. With the market research firm Forrester estimating the low-code platform market will be around $14 billion by 2024, it is no wonder why more & more customers are turning to low-code with Appian. Hear more about our passion for the product from our Director, Solutions Consulting here.
- Culture: You will directly contribute to our double-digit year over year growth backed by a world-class collaborative sales organization. In addition, Appian offers a competitive salary & generous benefits; including a flexible time off allowance & great perks. Read more about how our sales culture values openness, curiosity, & collaboration here .
- 10+ years of experience (5+ years working in the public sector technology industry).
- Strong background & understanding of business planning, go-to-market operations & organizational awareness.
- Exceptional listening, oral & written communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Experience in operations leadership, leadership consulting & case management.