You are a creative self-starter who can work independently & with cross-functional teams, developing innovative solutions that ensure the integrity of the Loss Prevention function. Design, develop & implement different loss prevention strategies. With your previous experience in Loss Prevention, you possess hands-on ability to own projects relating to internal/external theft, inventory control scans & reconciliation, relationship building, critical incident response, & analytical reporting. You will directly support the East Coast Senior LP Manager of Retail & Sales with all aspects of Loss Prevention in the assigned region. This role will be based in the New York, NY market but will be required to support surrounding markets & regions as needed.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Identify, initiate & resolve internal & external theft investigations
- Identify shortage & safety related issues within a retail store environment
- Conduct physical building security checks & maintain proper building security standards
- Conduct shortage & safety inspections & communicate findings to Loss Prevention & store leadership
- Participate in the training of new hire associates to increase Loss Prevention awareness
- Assist with weekly store inventories and partner with inventory operations to reconcile inventory variances
- Collaborate with Sales Office & Luxury Consignment Office leadership to mitigate loss
- Work closely with the retail leadership team of The RealReal to help support total business needs & Loss Prevention initiatives
- Lead daily/weekly/monthly audits in NYC & other locations surrounding building security, inventory control, compliance, & awareness
- Provide physical Loss Prevention coverage to each of the NYC locations as needed to support the business
- Ensure compliance with applicable local, state, & federal laws
What You Bring To The Role
- 3+ years of luxury retail Loss Prevention & investigations experience
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, & holidays as needed
- Ability to work well with all levels of store/company leadership
- Working knowledge of CCTV, access control systems, product protection devices & alarm equipment
- Effective communicator (both verbal & written
- Ability to support off-site events as needed
- Demonstrates the skill & willingness to take initiative & anticipate organizational needs including the ability to meet deadlines as required
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.