Today, CommerceHub is the #1 ecommerce network used by the worlds leading retailers & brands to extend their retail & ecommerce businesses.
Consumer expectations have shifted. In the now economy, they expect that our customers have what they want, in stock, ready for delivery, & with an experience that delights them at every step of the buying journey.
We believe we have a unique opportunity to help retailers, brands & suppliers connect to customers & meet the challenges of the now economy. Think that sounds interesting? It is!
Our remote-first team is growing, & were looking to add great people like you, who are ready to use their expertise to transform the world of ecommerce.
The Technical Writer manages all aspects of the user content development process, including information gathering, writing, & content reviews & approvals.
- Acquiring in-depth knowledge of the CommerceHub network, its solutions, & user needs
- Maintaining & updating existing user-facing content, including user guides, test plans, & online help
- Utilizing existing templates & tool kits to develop high-quality user-facing communications for program adoption or operational reminders
- Adhering to existing process & procedure to ensure proper source control & systematic reporting
- Developing high-quality user-facing content, including customized setup guides, online help, product update bulletins, & email communications
- Developing high-quality content, including business process documentation, templates, & forms
- Editing content developed by fellow technical writers & other CommerceHub teams, as needed
- Collaborating with technical teams & project leaders to identify content needs & move content through the review & approval process
- Maintaining & examining existing standards for customer-facing & internal content
- Participating in the implementation of new technologies to improve content development, management, & delivery
- Minimum 4 years technical writing or related experience (writing samples will be required)
- Superior oral & written communication skills, including editing/proofreading
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex concepts into straightforward messages
- Enthusiastic team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to produce quality deliverables in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Word & Excel) & Adobe tools (including Acrobat & InDesign)
- Experience using SharePoint
- Experience using Notion
- Experience using help authoring solutions (such as RoboHelp, DNN, Drupal,Zendesketc.)
- Experience using email marketing tools (such as Pardot, GroupMail, etc.)
- Experience using screen capture software
Additionally, knowledge of and/or experience with the following is a plus:
- Design tools (such as Photoshop & Illustrator)
- Collaboration & project/issue management tools (such as Jira)
- Content management systems
- Project coordination
- Training design & development
- An understanding of software development (SDLC)
- Basic knowledge of HTML & CSS
What its like to work at CommerceHub
We have big plans for growth & transformation & were doing it with a remote-first team across the world.
Remote first gives us more flexibility to help each other do our best work. It means that work-life balance is more than a clich. Weve built balance into our culture & its at the core of everything we dohow we collaborate & make change happen.
Connected by our drive to transform ecommerce, our culture is driven by our employees. We trust each other, work hard & respect both personal & professional boundaries, knowing that were at our best when were intentional about how & where we work. We believe autonomy leads to great work & an even bigger impact.
- Medical, dental & vision benefits: Affordable health care plans with premiums that will not exceed 5% of your salary & company HSA contributions, starting on Day 1
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Competitive time off package with 20 days of Paid Time Off, 9 paid company holidays, 2 paid floating holidays, 7 paid sick days, & a paid volunteer day
- 4 weeks paid Parental (Bonding) Leave
- Remote work stipend for internet, cell phone, office furniture & supplies
- Culture & team-building activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
CommerceHub is an Equal Opportunity Employment & Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants & teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.