Applecart deploys proprietary technology to run marketing campaigns that leverage positive customer word-of-mouth on behalf of brands. Last year we closed a $6 million funding round, led by global sports & entertainment leader Endeavor (with Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel joining Applecarts board) & other prominent tech investors including Aspect Ventures, former Yelp SVP of Engineering Michael Stoppelman, & Infinite Computer Solutions founder Sanjay Govil.
Applecart is building a game-changing, direct-to-consumer, two-sided marketplace that will empower & compensate customers who refer their personal networks to brands & products that they genuinely love. We give brands the ability to tap into a new scalable & cost-effective customer acquisition channel: peer-to-peer referrals via the networks of their current, satisfied customers. Our marketplace helps great brands efficiently grow beyond traditional marketing channels to generate a high volume of sales via genuine & positive word-of-mouth from existing customers.
About the Role
As Director of Finance, youre an enthusiastic, strategic, & analytical thinker with a background in finance or corporate development, ideally in a technology company or have worked directly with technology companies. You are excited to work at a fast-growing, direct-to-consumer startup.
What you will do:
- Oversee the companys financial plan & oversee monthly reporting packages to our Co-CEOs
- Surface the performance of our key financial & operational metrics to our senior leadership team & the Board, through quarterly presentations
- Analytical support of all financing-related activities, including Excel modeling, projections, & report generation for P&L, cash flows, & user growth
- Lead the companys annual budgeting process, engaging directly with teams to ensure completeness & accuracy
- Oversee bookkeeping, payroll, & tax preparation - managing external back office firms to ensure accuracy & compliance
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance or other quantitative field
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in Investment Banking, Corporate Development, or Consulting
- Proven knowledge base / track-record at building financial models for a direct-to-consumer technology business
- Phenomenal analytical & quantitative skills
- Comfortable engaging with C-level executives & senior leadership