Location: Carteret, NJ or Los Angeles, CA
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating products that merge high-design with modern technology to provide at-home access to live streaming & on demand fitness classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors & content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind & body all from your home.
As a company Peloton believes in taking risks & continuously challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. We put our users, members, & customers first & we obsess over every touch point of the member experience be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best & encourage all our associates to think like owners. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
WHATLL YOULL DO:
The Industrial Engineer will be based in one of Pelotons reverse logistics operations. In this role you will be responsible for planning, directing, & coordinating reverse logistics processes throughout the network by providing technical support in the development, implementation, maintenance, & improvement of remanufacturing methods by performing the following duties.
- Implement industrial engineering techniques in the areas of reverse logistics process development, methods engineering, work measurement, workflow design, line balancing & ROI analysis of equipment investment opportunities.
- Develop new product reverse logistics processes through active participation in new product & process design review, drive fixture & equipment design & develop the standard operating process documentation.
- Analyze & plan workforce utilization, space requirements, & workflow, & design layout of equipment & workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Accountable for end-to-end responsibility for projects from conception through to production & to EOL
- Promote & implement Lean Manufacturing principles, 5S, & ergonomics into workflow design, material handling infrastructure, & dis-/re-assembly, repair, & test processes.
- Develop & maintain labor standards & provide industrial engineering support to warehouses & logistics, as required.
- Utilize tools such as SPC, FMEA, root cause analysis, 8D report, etc. to effectively improve productivity & reduce wastes
- Drive functions to improve product quality & reliability, including supplier quality improvement & return to vendor programs
- B.S. Industrial/Mechanical/Production Engineering with 5+ years of experience in manufacturing factory (PCBA & System Integration)
- Or Master degree - Industrial/Mechanical/Production Engineering with at least 2+ years of experience in manufacturing factory (PCBA & System Integration)
- Good analytical, problem solving & decision-making skills to troubleshoot, diagnose, & overview of the entire refurb process & the ability to train others.
- Read, analyze & interpret common scientific & technical journals; Write reports, business correspondence & procedure manuals; Effectively communicate with managers & employees of the organizations.
- Think beyond the boundaries & challenge the status-quo
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the function & Peloton business.
- Experience on Microsoft Suite of Office products